`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Just wanted to send out a WARNING for a listing on EBay UPDATED 3/18/2015

RE: Just wanted to send out a WARNING for a listing on EBay
I personally think the listing very clearly states you are bidding on a REDEEMED REDEMPTION card and not the actual card.

(03-15-2015, 04:22 PM)wordsense Wrote: I personally think the listing very clearly states you are bidding on a REDEEMED REDEMPTION card and not the actual card.
Maybe if the seller added what you did, "not the actual card" to the listing I would not have such a beef with it. If he added that, then it would be clear.

To me he is looking to take advantage of a "sucker" or a naïve person and to me you're just simply a bad person for doing so.

I agree that the bidders should have the common since to at least get the seller to clarify the description.

However, I think if it were a corporation that was using questionable advertising tactics, they would get sued and lose.

So should an individual seller on Ebay be held to different standards than the rest of the companies in America?
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(03-15-2015, 04:35 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Maybe if the seller added what you did, "not the actual card" to the listing I would not have such a beef with it. If he added that, then it would be clear.

To me he is looking to take advantage of a "sucker" or a naïve person and to me you're just simply a bad person for doing so.
I agree that if his intent is to deceive then he is a horrible person and I would like to kick him in his manbag, and as he's bent over in agony, upper cut his throat. But I digress; I'm not a violent person, so I'd just call the cops and let them do it.

i didnt read all of the post, but people buy these the call topps saying they scratched to hard and cant read the code, then topps send them a emplacement or the card

(03-15-2015, 04:37 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: I agree that the bidders should have the common since to at least get the seller to clarify the description.

However, I think if it were a corporation that was using questionable advertising tactics, they would get sued and lose.

So should an individual seller on Ebay be held to different standards than the rest of the companies in America?
"Common sense"

Couldn't let that one go.

(03-15-2015, 07:44 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: "Common sense"

Couldn't let that one go.
I clearly deserved that.......I should make myself bid on this auction as my punishment! haha.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

yall think that's bad look here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Five-Star-M...4d2ecb76b4

it has bids up to$190.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I smell a NPB

(03-15-2015, 08:27 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: I clearly deserved that.......I should make myself bid on this auction as my punishment! haha.
Just so you know, I'm only joking with you. I did kinda grin when I read it though. The common sense thing was just too perfect.
(03-15-2015, 08:45 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: yall think that's bad look here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Five-Star-M...4d2ecb76b4

it has bids up to$190.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I smell a NPB
I dont know what to say about that. What the hell is anyone going to do with a used redemption?

Im probably going to regret asking this but, what is an NPB? None paying buyer?

Correct
None paying buyer

And some people try and scam Topps by (and I shouldn't give any of you criminals the idea) and scratch the already scratched redemption so that some of the numbers are messed up and you call and tell them what happened and they send you the card. FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD. Honest to God I never done this but have heard of people doing it