`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B-day luck

B-day luck
I had my b-day weekend last week and had a great gift plus some luck. My wife and family pitched in a bought this Koufax card from my LCS plus a $50 gift card. Sorry for the large images as Photobucket seems to give me the wheel of death when trying to edit.

[Image: b.jpeg]

My LCS also has drawing every week and depending on what you spend you get a ticket into the drawing. My wife gave me the tickets to go see if I won anything. I ending up winning a $50 gift card so I now have $100 toward something. I also had some b-day money and decided to take advantage of my luck and get this guy.

[Image: a.jpeg]

Then my mom mailed me some bundle packs from Target. I got 2014 Panini Prizm Draft (I have never opening these before as I don't get into prospects but pleased and surprised to get an auto (redemption) as I have horrible luck when opening packs and have yet to buy a pack this year and don't plan on getting more anytime soon. Anyway I ended up getting Jhoandro Alfaro. No clue who he is but went ahead and redeemed it and see how he does. Google helped at least identify this 16-17 year old.

Blister pack of 2015 Topps and didn't really get anything worth mentioning.

As for my last bundle back I got 2014 Bowman Platinum. Here I got a Russell Wilson Toosly Die Cut and this guy...

[Image: c.jpeg]

Hanging onto it right now but not sure what I'll do with it. Looks good other than the top right corner but maybe a 9? I'm not sure if it's worth getting graded or not because of that and I have never sent anything in for grading before so it would be a learning experience. Overall a great b-day week!
I collect Ken Griffey Jr., Ichiro, Felix Hernandez, and Leroy Herrmann.
[Image: a750043d-e984-4626-8e50-438b7e1ecdd1.jpg]

RE: B-day luck
Freaking sweet buddy. Nice job. I love that '56 Koufax.

^ and the Nolan Ryan rookie!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Congrats!! Also Happy B-Day! Its awesome you got the bryant out of Retail!! plus that Koufax and Ryan are beyond sweet!!!!

It was a happy birthday indeed.

(03-09-2015, 01:04 PM)wordsense Wrote: It was a happy birthday indeed.
?

Do you have 2 Accounts?

(03-09-2015, 01:10 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: ?

Do you have 2 Accounts?
No?

I was saying, based on the cards, he indeed had a happy birthday lol

Sorry for the confusion?

(03-09-2015, 01:15 PM)wordsense Wrote: No?

I was saying, based on the cards, he indeed had a happy birthday lol

Sorry for the confusion?
Oh, Ok. haha.

Thanks everybody for the b-day wishes and glad to knock the Ryan off my bucket list.
I collect Ken Griffey Jr., Ichiro, Felix Hernandez, and Leroy Herrmann.
[Image: a750043d-e984-4626-8e50-438b7e1ecdd1.jpg]

Nice Ryan rook there. And this is the 2nd I've heard of someone pulling the Bryant auto out of a retail. The other was a blaster box, but to get it out of a single pack (albeit in a bundle) is just awesome. Congrats again.