Beckett Message Boards
B-day luck - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: B-day luck (/thread-1571854.html)

Pages: 1 2

B-day luck - hittinaway - 03-09-2015

I had my b-day weekend last week and had a great gift plus some luck. My wife and family pitched in a bought this Koufax card from my LCS plus a $50 gift card. Sorry for the large images as Photobucket seems to give me the wheel of death when trying to edit.

[Image: b.jpeg]

My LCS also has drawing every week and depending on what you spend you get a ticket into the drawing. My wife gave me the tickets to go see if I won anything. I ending up winning a $50 gift card so I now have $100 toward something. I also had some b-day money and decided to take advantage of my luck and get this guy.

[Image: a.jpeg]

Then my mom mailed me some bundle packs from Target. I got 2014 Panini Prizm Draft (I have never opening these before as I don't get into prospects but pleased and surprised to get an auto (redemption) as I have horrible luck when opening packs and have yet to buy a pack this year and don't plan on getting more anytime soon. Anyway I ended up getting Jhoandro Alfaro. No clue who he is but went ahead and redeemed it and see how he does. Google helped at least identify this 16-17 year old.

Blister pack of 2015 Topps and didn't really get anything worth mentioning.

As for my last bundle back I got 2014 Bowman Platinum. Here I got a Russell Wilson Toosly Die Cut and this guy...

[Image: c.jpeg]

Hanging onto it right now but not sure what I'll do with it. Looks good other than the top right corner but maybe a 9? I'm not sure if it's worth getting graded or not because of that and I have never sent anything in for grading before so it would be a learning experience. Overall a great b-day week!

RE: B-day luck - Hofcollector - 03-09-2015

Freaking sweet buddy. Nice job. I love that '56 Koufax.

RE: B-day luck - nolan5000 - 03-09-2015

^ and the Nolan Ryan rookie!!

RE: B-day luck - magneto2 - 03-09-2015

Congrats!! Also Happy B-Day! Its awesome you got the bryant out of Retail!! plus that Koufax and Ryan are beyond sweet!!!!

RE: B-day luck - wordsense - 03-09-2015

It was a happy birthday indeed.

(03-09-2015, 01:04 PM)wordsense Wrote: It was a happy birthday indeed.

?

Do you have 2 Accounts?

RE: B-day luck - wordsense - 03-09-2015

(03-09-2015, 01:10 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: ?

Do you have 2 Accounts?

No?

I was saying, based on the cards, he indeed had a happy birthday lol

Sorry for the confusion?

(03-09-2015, 01:15 PM)wordsense Wrote: No?

I was saying, based on the cards, he indeed had a happy birthday lol

Sorry for the confusion?

Oh, Ok. haha.

RE: B-day luck - hittinaway - 03-09-2015

Thanks everybody for the b-day wishes and glad to knock the Ryan off my bucket list.

RE: B-day luck - crazyforkinsler5 - 03-09-2015

Nice Ryan rook there. And this is the 2nd I've heard of someone pulling the Bryant auto out of a retail. The other was a blaster box, but to get it out of a single pack (albeit in a bundle) is just awesome. Congrats again.