`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was 2011 he best year for cards???

RE: Was 2011 he best year for cards???
(02-13-2015, 08:01 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Why?
because topps design is rather stagnant. i mean, just look at pacific inserts back in the mid-late 90's

topps really isnt doing much that is innovative or inserting since they had the monopoly

(02-13-2015, 08:58 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: because topps design is rather stagnant. i mean, just look at pacific inserts back in the mid-late 90's

topps really isnt doing much that is innovative or inserting since they had the monopoly
They dont have to. We still buy it. The question wasn't did Topps make 2011 interesting enough, it was was it the best year for cards? Assuming that vintage is out of the discussion, 2011 will most likely win the discussion. While I believe your correct in saying Topps is lacking in good ideas, they're still the industry leader. If others aren't competing I'm not going to penalize Topps. The content Topps put in it's 2011 products along with the star power in it makes it a really desirable year. To say you couldn't consider any of Topps monopolized years because the other card companies produced garbage is something I dont get.

I am going to say 1993 with SP and Finest.

(02-13-2015, 09:26 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: I am going to say 1993 with SP and Finest.
Agreed... Epic year in card collecting and the year things started shofting towards the current hobby we have.

I liked the basic bowman design that year as well
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(02-13-2015, 09:26 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: I am going to say 1993 with SP and Finest.
This was a great year. SP one upped what a Stadium Club was when it came out in 91. Those are beautiful cards. Finest definitely changed the game as well. The introduction of refractors and these cards that appeared to have a light inside of them definitely changed the look of everything.
Courtney Hawkins Supercollector
Always looking for ones we need!
58 cards needed for 1 of each unique card made! (Non 1/1's)