`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FYI: price change and comparison

RE: FYI: price change and comparison
I'm guessing the reason their free shipping threshold went up is because the USPS increased its postage rates in January.

Not sure if these guys use USPS, UPS or Fed Ex though.
Kepler

(02-04-2015, 02:04 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Hey Doc,

I have another question. It deals with, surprise, surprise, surprise (said in your best Gomer Pyle voice) Nolan Ryan. Nolan had 2 Hope Diamond cards, #626B & #US50B. I have the #US50B card BGS 9.5 Graded. And it lists it as 2011 Topps Update Hope Diamond Anniversary on the BGS Label. In what 2011 Topps product can the #626B Nolan Hope card be found? I have an eBay seller/friend that I buy from and he was going to buy boxes so he could find it and submit it for me. He thought it was in Update.

Nolan....All hope diamond were in update.

Thanks for the heads up DrM.....I only deal with one distributor, and only order enough for at least receiving "free" shipping from them.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(02-07-2015, 10:05 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Nolan....All hope diamond were in update.

Thanks for the heads up DrM.....I only deal with one distributor, and only order enough for at least receiving "free" shipping from them.
Were the Hope Diamonds the yellow ones? I missed that and will stand corrected (I was thinking Diamond Anniversary ...D'oh!) there were too many diamonds and cognacs and sapphires to keep track.
Thanks Joe!
BTW: which distributor have you been using?
(02-07-2015, 10:14 AM)rentzington Wrote: i hate they increased the threshold, back when i was ordering boxes often i'd add some cheap stuff to get up to 150 on DAC, 200 not so sure i'd pad to get there

my guess is shipping costs became too high so they had to bump it, that or one did it and they all did
Probably some collusion going on ... All a plot to make us order more! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-08-2015, 07:53 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Were the Hope Diamonds the yellow ones? I missed that and will stand corrected (I was thinking Diamond Anniversary ...D'oh!) there were too many diamonds and cognacs and sapphires to keep track.
Thanks Joe!
The Hope Diamond Anniversary were the Blue ones.
(02-07-2015, 10:05 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Nolan....All hope diamond were in update.
Thanks Joe!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Yep. Steelcity raised theirs as well. Stinks because they used to be the cheapest, giving free shipping on orders over $99. Now it is $199 like the other 2.

(02-08-2015, 10:55 AM)mgruber2 Wrote: Yep. Steelcity raised theirs as well. Stinks because they used to be the cheapest, giving free shipping on orders over $99. Now it is $199 like the other 2.
Collusion or coincidence?
Methinks Collusion!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.