`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FYI: price change and comparison

FYI: price change and comparison
Just bought a couple of Topps series 1 jumbo hobby( no, not doing cases anymore). $89 at blowout, $94 at Steel city, $98 at D&A ...
D&A and Blowout changed their free shipping policy. They are both $199 for free s&h ... SteelCity? I forgot to check.
What messed me up, Blowout still has the $150 Free S&H on their checkout page, but it kept adding shipping fees. I found out after a few more trials and efforts Smile
Of course, I'll let you know if I get anything good Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: FYI: price change and comparison
Good Luck!!
Mostly football and a set builder

Yea for some reason all the sites increased the threshold for free shipping. I noticed that DA usually drops it back down to Free Shipping on $150 and up orders on Thursdays only, though. I hope that hasn't changed recently either. Was going to buy a couple boxes of Topps 2015 tomorrow for that reason.

(02-04-2015, 01:40 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Just bought a couple of Topps series 1 jumbo hobby( no, not doing cases anymore). $89 at blowout, $94 at Steel city, $98 at D&A ...
D&A and Blowout changed their free shipping policy. They are both $199 for free s&h ... SteelCity? I forgot to check.
What messed me up, Blowout still has the $150 Free S&H on their checkout page, but it kept adding shipping fees. I found out after a few more trials and efforts Smile
Of course, I'll let you know if I get anything good Smile
Hey Doc,

I have another question. It deals with, surprise, surprise, surprise (said in your best Gomer Pyle voice) Nolan Ryan. Nolan had 2 Hope Diamond cards, #626B & #US50B. I have the #US50B card BGS 9.5 Graded. And it lists it as 2011 Topps Update Hope Diamond Anniversary on the BGS Label. In what 2011 Topps product can the #626B Nolan Hope card be found? I have an eBay seller/friend that I buy from and he was going to buy boxes so he could find it and submit it for me. He thought it was in Update.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-04-2015, 02:04 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Hey Doc,
I have another question. It deals with, surprise, surprise, surprise (said in your best Gomer Pyle voice) Nolan Ryan. Nolan had 2 Hope Diamond cards, #626B & #US50B. I have the #US50B card BGS 9.5 Graded. And it lists it as 2011 Topps Update Hope Diamond Anniversary on the BGS Label. In what 2011 Topps product can the #626B Nolan Hope card be found? I have an eBay seller/friend that I buy from and he was going to buy boxes so he could find it and submit it for me. He thought it was in Update.
Hmmm, I except think it was 2011 Series 2, but I'll check and see when I get home.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-04-2015, 05:22 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hmmm, I except think it was 2011 Series 2, but I'll check and see when I get home.
Alright, Thanks.

(02-04-2015, 05:22 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hmmm, I except think it was 2011 Series 2, but I'll check and see when I get home.
Hey Doc,

Did you ever get around to checking?

Thanks Again!!

(02-06-2015, 07:50 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Hey Doc,
Did you ever get around to checking?
Thanks Again!!
Sorry, I forgot to repost. I checked and it looks like Series 2, from what I can tell. I would give that answer about a 90% accuracy. There were a few cards from series I that showed up in series II but IIRC, these were regelated to cognac cards only, not the anniversary cards.

(02-07-2015, 01:31 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Sorry, I forgot to repost. I checked and it looks like Series 2, from what I can tell. I would give that answer about a 90% accuracy. There were a few cards from series I that showed up in series II but IIRC, these were regelated to cognac cards only, not the anniversary cards.
I'm not familiar with the setup. So, is there a Series 1, Series 2 and then an Update.

i hate they increased the threshold, back when i was ordering boxes often i'd add some cheap stuff to get up to 150 on DAC, 200 not so sure i'd pad to get there

my guess is shipping costs became too high so they had to bump it, that or one did it and they all did