`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Not a good time for my collection LOL

RE: Not a good time for my collection LOL
Since I am guessing you are not lying in your signature, I take that as some homophobic childish comment you somehow find funny, grow up dude.

(01-15-2015, 08:34 PM)mbostick Wrote: I will give you that, although comment was step on the field.

There were 257 picks last year, 27 were cut before the season (none before round 5). So almost 90% made the team. Also many of the cut players, did not get cards, outside of the unlicensed brands. How many of the 27 were signed by other teams I am not looking up, but I bet a few were. If you include the cut played signed by other teams, you just might reach my 95%.

But it's not just baseball with a terrible % that make it to the show, hockey is maybe 20%, basketball, maybe 30%.

Mind you, a football team is much larger team, and has less draft picks overall, but that is kind of beside the point of discussion.
All I know that if you look at the checklist of 2012 Contenders - an end of the year product from three years ago - so it had an opportunity to weed out players who didn't even make practice squads and we have a good sense of how the players from that class are doing in the NFL.

There are indeed several people who have never played in a regular season NFL game on the checklist.

There are even more players whose careers are already over - including several of the RPS singers - and I believe that David Wilson is the only rookie who signed autographs that year whose career has ended due to injury.

There are other players - including high draft picks like A.J. Jenkins (1st Round), Ryan Broyles and Isiah Pead (both 2nd Round), Michael Egnew and Devier Posey (both 3rd Round) who have done very little in the NFL.

And even some people who have done something in the NFL from 2012 are hardly names that inspire confidence - RGIII, Trent Richardson, and Justin Blackmon were all high draft picks and all had good rookie years - since that point, well . . . .

i brought a box of hobby bowman sterling i did get all the hits that was to get 13 from a 300 dollar box i did pull a beckham jumbo rookie patch 21/75 i collect miami dolphins cards

Could be worse....

You could be one of those collectors that had a bunch of Ray Rice cards
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

i have a 2014 bowman sterling 2 color jumbo rookie patch card of beckham number 21/75 i collect miami dolphins cards i got it from a hobby box i brought had 13 hits $300 a box my most expesive box i ever brought