`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hank aaron and mickey mantle ?

hank aaron and mickey mantle ?
a few years ago I helped my cousin clean out his mothers home after she had passed. there were a ton of cards from the 70's and 80's, mostly ruined , bubble gum as well, from being put in a big crate in a barn. however I came across about 12 Nolan Ryan ceramic cards, a Hank Aaron card and a mickey mantle card that are surprisingly in good condition. I don't know how these 2 cards survived when all the others were stuck together and moldy. baseball gods, cardboard collector gods, im not sure. unfortunately I am only a collector of football, but was needing advice on whether these cards are good to grade or not very rare cards. would it be wise to grade? here are the pics.
[Image: hankaaronback_zps7469a5ba.jpg]
[Image: hankaaronfront_zps02b426f3.jpg]
[Image: mantleback_zps562b5f92.jpg]
[Image: mantlefront_zps81765ab3.jpg]

RE: hank aaron and mickey mantle ?
They are nice cards, but not worth your time to grade. I dont believe either will pull a high enough grade to get you that premium your looking for. First glance and strictly from what I can see online, your looking at 5's tops. They aren't big money cards to begin with.
There is a collector on here currently looking for some Mantles though. His name is Snappyjoe. Maybe you could work something out with him.

thanks for the advice. cool just to have on display anyways

The Mantle card is worth the most..
Either of these cards is not going to grade high, but grading them will not reduce the value, only increase the value..especially if people are concerned about fakes..especially this card 1965 Topps #3 AL Home Run Leaders/Harmon Killebrew/Mickey Mantle/Boog Powell

If I had this card, I would get it graded..proving it real and sell or keep it..

The other card..meh..either way...not worth a lot anyway..

(12-19-2014, 07:10 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: The Mantle card is worth the most..
Either of these cards is not going to grade high, but grading them will not reduce the value, only increase the value..especially if people are concerned about fakes..especially this card 1965 Topps #3 AL Home Run Leaders/Harmon Killebrew/Mickey Mantle/Boog Powell

If I had this card, I would get it graded..proving it real and sell or keep it..

The other card..meh..either way...not worth a lot anyway..
There isn't a whole lot of sixties fakes. Maybe on the '65 base Mantle, '68 Ryan and '63 Rose. They're just not worth that much. As for increasing the value on those cards, it wont. At best, on a good day, that #3 might pull a 5. That card in a PSA 5 books for $20.

(12-19-2014, 08:16 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: There isn't a whole lot of sixties fakes. Maybe on the '65 base Mantle, '68 Ryan and '63 Rose. They're just not worth that much. As for increasing the value on those cards, it wont. At best, on a good day, that #3 might pull a 5. That card in a PSA 5 books for $20.
i agree..they are not worth a whole lot...I guess I would get the card graded for a PC unit..but probably not.it would be a place holder for a nicer conditioned card...

OH..what is the #1 faked card..Mantle RC Reggie RC?? older that that cards??

I couldn't tell you what the most faked card is, but if I had to guess I'd say the '52 Topps Mantle.