`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what do you do????

RE: So what do you do????
Are you a Braves fan or a fan of Heyward? Collect what you like, but trades are going to happen and players are going to switch teams. Sure there are some players that stick with 1 team for their careers, but that is happening less and less often and definitely not the norm.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

My main PC is Greg Maddux and I try for all of his cards, even those with the Dodgers and Padres.
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

My only PC guy is Nolan Ryan. I try for all of his cards, regardless of team.

BUT you should see what best fits your collecting interest. It should be fun and enjoyable. Because, at the end of the day, that's ALL that really matters.
(11-18-2014, 10:55 AM)flood and fire Wrote: My main PC is Greg Maddux and I try for all of his cards, even those with the Dodgers and Padres.
Man, some of your "Mad Dog" Padre & Dodger patches are just plain Nasty!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

If you're a "player collector" then you collect that player regardless of the uniform he's wearing. If you're a "team collector" then you collect that team. In the end you need to collect what you like. It doesn't matter what others think.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Yeah, you know what, I change my initial thought on this. I collect Canseco, and I don't care what uni he is wearing. Hell, he never actually played a game for the Angels or Expos, but I have cards of him in those uniforms. If you truly collect Heyward, it's important to you, then keep on keepin' on.

And also, while yes, you did question the collection once he was traded, and one would think collecting Heyward isn't that important to you because of that, I was in the same boat when Canseco was traded to the Rangers. Sure, I stopped collecting baseball cards altogether for 20 years after that, but I've come back and I do not care what uni Canseco is wearing. He was my childhood favorite.

So, in rambling conclusion, ask yourself this....is collecting Heyward that important to you?

I collect any and all Rickey Henderson items. Team does not matter - even the Newark Bears!
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

You weren't collecting him b/c he was on the Braves so keep going. The Cardinals are a great organization with great fans.

However, with the hobby today and all the crap that gets spewed out by Topps it might not be a bad idea to narrow your focus. So collecting Braves-only, for example, might be a good idea. Can put some funds into Jeter or something else.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I ran into the same problem when the trade was announced. I am new to collecting and trying to find my "groove" per say. I am a Braves fan but prefer to collect certain players. Also, the Cardinals are my least favorite team in MLB. After much debate and discussing it with my wife and fellow collectors, I decided that I would continue to collect him as a player regardless of uniform. I will replace his slot with another Braves player but still pick up his cards to sort of honor the player that I love and made his name with the Braves.
[Image: image.jpg]