`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what do you do????

So what do you do????
My number one PC is Derek Jeter, I try and grab as much of him as possible. That said his low numbered and colored stuff gets to be pretty expensive. So I decided to collect another young player that has a lot of potential. I went with Jason Heyward

I started picking up his stuff in 2012 and just nonchalantly grabbed his stuff for the next couple of years. Fast forward to about 6 months ago and I got hot and heavy into Heyward again. I was able to pick up a bunch of his low #'d stuff.

And now today he was traded. I am not a fan of collecting a player in multiple jerseys, partially because I was spoiled with Jeter. So here's my question.... Should I just collect Heyward in Braves uni's? Sell all Heywards? Or continue to go after him in both unis's?

Thanks for the long rant. Had to get it off my chest.

RE: So what do you do????
Sell them now as the market jumps at 25 percent higher and find another player, maybe from your favorite team.

Best,

Let me know if you sell! I'd be interested in several of them.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

It's going to be tough to collect players and hope they stay with one team because it just doesnt happen anymore. I was thinking about this earlier when I checked the message boards and fielded a few calls regarding people wanting to dump their Heyward's. It's going to be nearly impossible to do that anymore. So you can either collect a guy for his entire career as he changes multiple jerseys or start a new player collection every couple of years and hope you dont take a huge hit on the resale/trade of your cards. Me personally, I think I would stick with the guy if you have faith he's going to be worth collecting in ten years. When his careers over you may have yourself a really large, impressive collection with a nice timeline to it.

Personally my main two PC guys (Trammell retired, Verlander) stayed with or are on the Tigers still (Tram has a handful of cards from other teams as a coach). If Verlander ever leaves the Tigers I think I would still go after his new team cards, but if I was in a trade or had a choice of two to buy at a show, one as a Tiger and of another team, I would scoop the Tiger card first.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

If you like him? Then still collect him. As long as for having fun!
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I would collect it with the Braves Uniform
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

Braves uni only AND find a new player. Really young, so there isn't much backtrack collecting to do.

Who is taking the shortstop for the Yanks next year? Could it be one of the 3 main rookies they signed what are their stats, and could he live up to Jeters rep or at least 1/2 way?
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Me personally, I collect the guy, I don't care much the uniform.....

That being said, there are some players I like on teams I just can't stand, and I won't collect ANYBODY in that uni, only to have a good player move to a new team and I will pick up some of that new stuff..
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)