`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AROD ADMITS USING STEROIDS

RE: AROD ADMITS USING STEROIDS
Why is this thread in the trading section?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(11-06-2014, 01:00 PM)zeprock Wrote: Why is this thread in the trading section?
trading there thoughts on A-rod Smile

Very few people seem to be trading. At least this gets us talking to each other.

Honestly I think he likes to be in some type of discussion no matter if it's good or bad. I would call him an attention whore. I agree that 75% of baseball is probably using something and there are always loopholes on how to cheat and not get caught. I am a Jeter fan but if tomorrow we were to find out he used I would not be surprised because most probably started using to stay at the same level as everyone else. I would not dislike him and would still collect him. They are picking on Arod more than anyone else. I am sorry but no other baseball player who was caught has even caught 1/3 of what Arod has caught and I am willing to bet you most of them used as much as he did. I also remember the early 90's and Sosa, Bonds, and Griffey saved baseball with their homeruns. I like Griffey Jr a lot to but you can't tell me he didn't use in 1992 he had 27 homeruns then 6 of 7 years after and the 1 year he only played half the games he had 40, 17, 49, 56, 56, 48, 40. So that takes it all the way up to 1999. Other than those years his best homerun total was 35 and 30 everything else was under 30 homeruns. I also know injuries plagued him at the end of his career but you just don't jump from 27 homeruns to 40 plus without help. But he has never even been accused because he is a face of baseball and I believe baseball will hide it just like with Jeter if something were to ever leak out and I am pretty confident both used as well as every star you can name from the 90's into 2000. Certain people will never get caught and others will get more attention to distract them from everyone else. Baseball has changed from the 80's and earlier there was no internet and you don't get news like you do today. So if you are famous be prepared to be under the microscope now where prior to the 90's it was not as much. That is my statement on this. Arod is an ***** but he is no different than most other baseball players as they used as well.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(11-06-2014, 12:17 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Huh?

The treatment administered by professionals, a prescription for a set dosage for you to take. You've probably been given steroid pills for an ailment before via prescription. Theire are ads all over tv about steroids to be prescribed by a doctor (some of them through questionable doctors). Point is if you've got some doctor over seeing what you're taking and and prescribing it (or administiring it in your case mr semantics), then i dont care if someone wants to shorten their life doing it.

as for the tired old"what about the children?" argument, give your kids advice on it, but there comes a point in their life they are going to do what they want to do no matter how many people tell em it's wrong or how many athletes do or dont do something.
Is this thing on?

Here is a little thing I found on the internet I thought was interesting

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/12321...e-steroids

Contrary to the popular story line, Griffey, Jr. was actually a pretty durable player for the first eleven years of his career. Sure, he missed half of the 1995 season—but that was due to a broken wrist caused by crashing into the wall. Other than that, Griffey, Jr. really didn't miss many games during his 11 years in Seattle.

It wasn't until he joined the Cincinnati Reds in 2000 that he started physically breaking down.

Starting with the 2001 season (when Griffey, Jr. was only 31 years old), the next six seasons saw Griffey, Jr. miss considerable time with nagging injuries. The types of injuries that could be caused by long-term steroid abuse.

And starting with the 2001 season there was a definite drop off in his power production. Sure, he was battling injuries and missing games, but during the late 1990's he was the pre-eminent slugger in MLB.

Then...poof! The power went away. And his speed disappeared, as he started stealing less and less bases, and his defensive range became more and more limited.

Keep in mind this was a player in his early 30s—commonly accepted as the prime of a baseball player's career. Could steroids have finally broken down Griffey, Jr.'s body? Was Griffey taking performance enhancers during the incredible eleven year run in Seattle?

(11-06-2014, 04:27 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Here is a little thing I found on the internet I thought was interesting

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/12321...e-steroids

Contrary to the popular story line, Griffey, Jr. was actually a pretty durable player for the first eleven years of his career. Sure, he missed half of the 1995 season—but that was due to a broken wrist caused by crashing into the wall. Other than that, Griffey, Jr. really didn't miss many games during his 11 years in Seattle.

It wasn't until he joined the Cincinnati Reds in 2000 that he started physically breaking down.

Starting with the 2001 season (when Griffey, Jr. was only 31 years old), the next six seasons saw Griffey, Jr. miss considerable time with nagging injuries. The types of injuries that could be caused by long-term steroid abuse.

And starting with the 2001 season there was a definite drop off in his power production. Sure, he was battling injuries and missing games, but during the late 1990's he was the pre-eminent slugger in MLB.

Then...poof! The power went away. And his speed disappeared, as he started stealing less and less bases, and his defensive range became more and more limited.

Keep in mind this was a player in his early 30s—commonly accepted as the prime of a baseball player's career. Could steroids have finally broken down Griffey, Jr.'s body? Was Griffey taking performance enhancers during the incredible eleven year run in Seattle?
I will believe Griffey used roids when there is proof Jeter did to. Just isn't going to happen.

(11-06-2014, 07:08 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: I will believe Griffey used roids when there is proof Jeter did to. Just isn't going to happen.
I don't think either name will come up on any list all I am saying mostly is some get away while others are everyone's scape goat. They might never have but they were in an era where 90% of the people did from what some sources say. Ken Griffey Jr. and Derek Jeter were both the face of baseball in the 90's and 2000's and probably the most positive players you can say of that era. So the MLB will do whatever it take's to make sure they look clean even if they might not of been. They were both great for the sport in a time where there were lots of people being questioned about PED's. People who say that everyone in this era are guilty until proven innocent are probably correct because when it is all over how can you say well everyone but these 10 people took PED's. As I said I am a huge Jeter fan but if it came out tomorrow that he took PED's I would not be surprised same with Griffey and there is more evidence that Griffey might have taken than Jeter just look at the homerun jump and the drastic fall on his stats and speed. This doesn't normally happen in your early 30's unless you were taken and stopped all the sudden which he might have done because in the early 90's these were not illegal and they didn't become banned till right around 2000 or so and Griffey after that 7 year stretch got hurt more, slowed down and hit less homeruns. I still think he is clean but then again you just never know before Ryan Braun popped I would have never thought he did PED's either. Lance Armstrong I felt the same way so nothing would surprise me.

I dont know if Jr. took steroids. I dont think so. He was always pretty lean until later on in his Cincinnati career. I think the lack of power early in his career was because he was a kid. He broke in when he was 18. He never got massive, his speed always seemed to stay the same and he was never indicated in any ped scandal. His body type just didn't match the rest of those guys.
(11-06-2014, 04:26 PM)shivelycore Wrote: The treatment administered by professionals, a prescription for a set dosage for you to take. You've probably been given steroid pills for an ailment before via prescription. Theire are ads all over tv about steroids to be prescribed by a doctor (some of them through questionable doctors). Point is if you've got some doctor over seeing what you're taking and and prescribing it (or administiring it in your case mr semantics), then i dont care if someone wants to shorten their life doing it.

as for the tired old"what about the children?" argument, give your kids advice on it, but there comes a point in their life they are going to do what they want to do no matter how many people tell em it's wrong or how many athletes do or dont do something.
Yes, I understand those types of steroids. I dont believe a doctor can (or would) prescribe anobolic steroids. Theres too much that can go wrong with that stuff. You get air in that needle and your in deep...