`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AROD ADMITS USING STEROIDS

RE: AROD ADMITS USING STEROIDS
Im still of the opinion roids should be legal for these guys to do if they wish to suffer the side effects.

I just cant stand A-Rod because of how he conducts himself. Yeah Bonds was an ***** but even with his distemper there was a very small charm to it. A-rod though, just schmuck through and through.
Is this thing on?

(11-05-2014, 02:55 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I dont know if I'd applaud Arod. He was given a one day window and one time offer to save his skin and have complete immunity by the DEA. In return he had to rat out all the dealers involved. Thats the only reason he came clean, to save himself. Not very admirable. While what these doctors/dealers were doing is illegal, no one made Arod do it. He did it went to great lengths to hide it.
Richard I can no longer trade with you. Right after you take that Arod patch off my hands that I got from the Immaculate boxes I got yesterday.
LOL I have no reply for that. I only read your first initial post. I live in B.F.G. getting any updated news or getting to watch late break news happens once in a blue moon.

My outlook on the Roids issue is that it has gone on for decades. Only a select few guys have been scolded for using.

Bonds, McGwire, Clemens, Rodriguez, and Sosa etc

Granted no one went the lengths that A-Rod went, but what about players like Petite, David Ortiz, and the list goes on...

You have me messed up to think everyone else in the last 30 years have been clean. And to think the players I named may never be in the HOF. My question is how many are in the Hall as we speak. I think its complete garbage especially when you have a commissioner that has been in the office from day 1 of all this and we are suppose to praise him on the lengths he went to clean the game that he helped dirty.

Sorry I will always be a fan of Bonds, McGwire, Clemens, A-Rod, Sosa, Braun.

McGwire and Sosa saved the game and brought fans back into the stands. When the game was all but over after the strike in '94 and these guys still get no love, but they made baseball and $#^% ton of money and no one cared then. Sorry this is a touchy situation for me. I don't agree how A-Rod, Sosa, and a few others handled their situations, but put yourself in there shoes and have the entire world hate you. What do you do? How do you answer that first question?

I believe 98% of us would deny it from the start. No one wants to be hated.

https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Its not that they're cheaters in most peoples eyes. It's that they're liars about cheating. Thats a twofer. Most of them will go on TV, lie under oath and swear on their childrens lives. Did you ever see the interview with Arod and Barbara Walters (I think)? His reason for lying the first time was he couldn't even be honest with himself. HOW IS THAT A LEGITIMATE ANSWER? There is no possible way you do steroids and convince yourself your not doing them. Thats lame.

Any player who gets caught using steroids should be banned for life.

(11-05-2014, 02:44 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: You replied back so it did something. LOL Deny Deny Deny ask A-Rod how that turned out for him. LOL

I applaud A-Rod id say im shocked but im not. There are still a ton of players using. I loved watching A-Rod play and hopefully ill get to see him play again next year. I was an A-Rod before the ROIDS and im an AROD fan today.
If you still like him? I have a ton of arod game used and serial #d stuff for trade. If the Yankees don't get rid of him? 60 plus million is a lot to eat. He has three more years left. The records are going to fall. 3000 hits are coming soon. He's going to pass mays and inch closer to 700 hr's. If he is still the shadow of himself, he's going to put up semi good numbers.

Yes he cheated, and so have others.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

he had already admitted to anabolic steroid use (though he claimed only when he was a ranger)

Yes he used. Yes everyone knows this. What makes me not like him and think he is a terd is how he handled himself about it. His arogance got the best of him. He is a crappy person in my books. I'm not just saying this because he plays for the Yankees, I'm saying it because it is fact. I have no beef with Petite, he used, he admitted with as much gace and dignity as possible.

dont forget that arod also threw cervelli under the bus

(11-05-2014, 03:29 PM)shivelycore Wrote: Im still of the opinion roids should be legal for these guys to do if they wish to suffer the side effects.

I just cant stand A-Rod because of how he conducts himself. Yeah Bonds was an ***** but even with his distemper there was a very small charm to it. A-rod though, just schmuck through and through.
I don't care if they start their own league and do steroids until they stroke out. But it will have to be in another country because it's illegal here. That's what I don't get about the people who say it should be allowed in the MLB. Its not even legal to do outside of the sport. ITS AGAINST OUR LAWS. Why would it be OK to do in sports so all the kids will follow suit?

I think it is safe to say "everyone" knows that a great many players were using steroids throughout out the 90's and well into the 00's. Its pretty evident when the players grew in size from the typical player to the jacked studs seemingly within just a few years.
If anyone noticed it was the card collecting community, we have the cards, we ripped the packs and flipped through the images of these guys growing at freakish rates, we read the power total stats rise each year.
I truly believe the majority of the ARod hate is media driven. So what, the guy is a bonehead, he doesn't make great decisions. But he is far from the villain he is made out to be. He used PEDS, big deal, so did so many other players throught out the 90's. Geez, Sosa and MCGwire stood and posed for SI in 1998. Could you imagine if ARod putting on a toga and doing that!!

PEDS were an accepted form of enhancement for the sport for almost 20 years, beginning in 1986ish and continuing through the early 2000's until the BALCO investigation popped into headlines. By that time the cat was out of the bag and now EVERYONE new baseball players were using something to make them better. Records that stood for years were not broken but embarrassingly shattered.
The new drug testing began a few years later when Congress decided they had to step to legitimatize the sport again. They tore Selig and Fehr to pieces and from there it began Selig's agenda to witch hunt the next guy in line to break the already tarnished record. AROD. And ever since then it has been the world against AROD, the biggest fish had to be ripped down as an example..and finally after 5 years they got him and suspended him.
Today's news is not surprising, everyone knew it, he did it to save whatever the DEA was going to take from him, so he opened and I no doubt believe we will see a slew of athlete names once the trial begins against Bosch and all the others they pick up.
This is just the beginning, as much as AROD is hated, I bet we will soon see how key this information is that was squeezed out of him to the DEA in exposing a slew of professional athletes.

I don't blame AROD for what he did, he is just one of a great many. He did what he learned to do from the culture of sports in the time period, he did what he saw when he came into the league. He did what he had to to keep up with the other doing the same thing.
He just happened to be better then everyone else and that was his biggest crime.