`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NASCAR Trivia Thread

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread
Hudson made the Hornet and that was how I knew AMC was one of the manufacturers. I did not know that Jaguars were ever raced in NASCAR. I completely forgot about Studebaker. The Gen6 is mostly engine changes but there are a few other body changes too. The grill shape and openings were changed to make all models more similar and the splitter was altered. They also added the 'vertical spoiler' on the left side of the rear windshield. I have no idea about the other manufacturers, but I'll guess that Germany is the final country.

Jaguar is the British company. Is Fiat the Italian company?????

Even if I am wrong about Fiat, check out this info. I found this afterwards, and it is quite an interesting read. I had no idea about how prolific Fiat has been in the MANY industries they have been involved with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_S.p.A.

Fiat is not correct but one of the companies in that link is. Yeah Jaguer is one of the British/uk there are others. Germany is correct. That link was a good read.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Have Mazda or Volkswagen ever raced in NASCAR?

I believe it's a big No on VW...they were interested, but I think just recently decided no...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

(10-04-2014, 09:27 PM)dunnere Wrote: I believe it's a big No on VW...they were interested, but I think just recently decided no...
I'm just trying to figure out who the German company was. I highly doubt that BMW or Mercedes (Daimler) ever raced in NASCAR. Those are the only 3 German cars I can think of right now. As for Italian companies, I highly doubt Ferrari or Maserati cars were ever used.
Here are a few names I am not sure about:

Renault
Alfa Romeo
Honda
Abarth
Lancia
Aston Martin

In 1953 a vw beetle did run/enter a race by dick hagey, had to look that one up.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

I had a feeling that a VW might have run a race way, way back! What about the other companies I mentioned?

adam you got 2 more alfa romero italy, aston martin uk. I had to look up lancia, abarth, renault as I've not familar with those.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes