Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Topps Golden Sparkle Error

2012 Topps Golden Sparkle Error
Hi-

I've searched everywhere online, and can't find anything comparable to this printing error. This is a Golden Sparkle variation of Clayton Kershaw (#600) that has the embossed portion double-printed on the front of the card. His name, "Topps", and the curved lines around his name were both printed twice. The back of the card is correct.

I've seen examples where the name is missing, but have never come across this before. Has anyone else? Is there potential value in this due to the apparent rarity?

Thanks,
Jason

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 2012 Topps Golden Sparkle Error
The embossing machine burped Smile
I could be wrong, but there should be No real extra value associated with a mistake, except maybe to a Kershaw collector as a curiosity piece.
As everyone has told me in the past, there is a distinction between an error card, uncorrected error card, corrected error card and a printing mistake. Printing mistakes, cutting mistakes, registration misalignments, etc aren't that big a deal .... Value-wise.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2012 Topps Golden Sparkle Error
(09-08-2014, 05:27 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: The embossing machine burped Smile
I could be wrong, but there should be No real extra value associated with a mistake, except maybe to a Kershaw collector as a curiosity piece.
As everyone has told me in the past, there is a distinction between an error card, uncorrected error card, corrected error card and a printing mistake. Printing mistakes, cutting mistakes, registration misalignments, etc aren't that big a deal .... Value-wise.
Thanks for your reply. That's what I figured.