`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Your opinion on the SBAY cards Super Box Breakers hobby boxes

Your opinion on the SBAY cards Super Box Breakers hobby boxes
What are your thoughts on the new Super Pack, super box breakers, Heros of sport, and other newer high end hobby boxes? I just recently got back into the hobby and wanted to see what your opinions on this stuff is?

RE: Your opinion on the SBAY cards Super Box Breakers hobby boxes
it's just a dutch auction with a huge price tag. and not a very good one

I was watching the blowout cards you tube channel and saw them open this stuff. In one box was a Mike trout BGS 9.5 superfractor auto from 2012 Bowman Sterling. Thought they put some unique, rare, and valuable stuff in it but it is very expensive.

yes, they include good stuff. and the rest of the 99.99% of boxes are absolute crap, where you dont even get 10% resale value of what you paid

good info thanks for the response

These are the ultimate lottery ticket packs. You could hit it BIG, but the odds are not in your favor.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(08-19-2014, 05:31 PM)djohn Wrote: These are the ultimate lottery ticket packs. You could hit it BIG, but the odds are not in your favor.
The thing that got me intrigued by their idea is that opening hobby boxes in general is a gamble.... Whether your looking to pull a certain player or card its never a sure thing. The interesting thing about sbay cards in my opinion is that they take that to another level obviously with the cost but also with the kind of hits you get. The Mike Trout Superfractor auto from 2012 Bowman Sterling graded BGS 9.5 is one of those examples. I've also seen low numbered Abreau and Puig rookie autos that sell for hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars on ebay..

(08-19-2014, 05:40 PM)hobbyboxbreaker1983 Wrote: The thing that got me intrigued by their idea is that opening hobby boxes in general is a gamble.... Whether your looking to pull a certain player or card its never a sure thing. The interesting thing about sbay cards in my opinion is that they take that to another level obviously with the cost but also with the kind of hits you get. The Mike Trout Superfractor auto from 2012 Bowman Sterling graded BGS 9.5 is one of those examples. I've also seen low numbered Abreau and Puig rookie autos that sell for hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars on ebay..
For every Trout like that, there are 400 cards not worth any bodies time

Like posted before.....very rich rewards if you are extremly lucky. If not, might as well go outside and throw your money in the street. The ultimate in "lottery" card boxes........a bunch of folks here have opened them before....maybe they will chime in.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-19-2014, 07:29 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Like posted before.....very rich rewards if you are extremly lucky. If not, might as well go outside and throw your money in the street. The ultimate in "lottery" card boxes........a bunch of folks here have opened them before....maybe they will chime in.
Don't get me started Smile
Stay far away, IMO!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.