`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Your opinion on the SBAY cards Super Box Breakers hobby boxes

RE: Your opinion on the SBAY cards Super Box Breakers hobby boxes
Here's the contents of my 'Not So Super' Super Box....
[Image: C415F5AE-F217-4C61-9B2A-0440BA8B01BB-826...53eab7.jpg]
[Image: 05A776D6-DE59-450C-8A9D-8B7B3C288663-273...ab9ffd.jpg]

Maybe about $25-30 dollars worth of cards for $150 - 175 ... I forget how much I dumped for that load of crap. Oops, I meant "1-5 premium cards or autographed collectible(s)"

My advice. Stay away.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks for the insight everyone.. Guess it is similar to the rest of the hobby boxes if you get lucky and get one of the hot boxes your golden otherwise more likely than not your gonna get skunked.

I definitely would not spend my money on that stuff, ya might as well buy a grab bag if you are going to. I'm with DrMitch on the stay away part!
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

(08-20-2014, 11:55 AM)manningsecnumbr1fan Wrote: I definitely would not spend my money on that stuff, ya might as well buy a grab bag if you are going to. I'm with DrMitch on the stay away part!
some dutch auctions are the real deal, and dont run a "lottery", like sbay boxes

just sayin'

Maybe someday a company will create a dutch auction that is beneficial to more than just a few people who open their products.

(08-20-2014, 03:27 PM)hobbyboxbreaker1983 Wrote: Maybe someday a company will create a dutch auction that is beneficial to more than just a few people who open their products.
JacobyStealshome runs/ran a terrific, ethical Dutch auction where you really get/got your money's worth.
Josh, are still selling, or did you shut down?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-20-2014, 04:06 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: JacobyStealshome runs/ran a terrific, ethical Dutch auction where you really get/got your money's worth.
Josh, are still selling, or did you shut down?
semi-kind of-a little retired. i still have it up, but im no longer advertising nor bothering former customers with emails. ive trickled down to about 300 dollars of sales a week, with the exception of some big orders im making special arrangements for.

ive had more than a few offers to buy out my business (including my account, my contacts, my wholesaler list, best practices, inventory -the whole kit and kaboodle. im guessing any sale will also contain a non-compete clause

For now, im holding off on selling out, just in case i want to take some time off this winter after my kid is born...figure i can make some extra cash on the side if i need to

(08-20-2014, 06:23 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: semi-kind of-a little retired. i still have it up, but im no longer advertising nor bothering former customers with emails. ive trickled down to about 300 dollars of sales a week, with the exception of some big orders im making special arrangements for.

ive had more than a few offers to buy out my business (including my account, my contacts, my wholesaler list, best practices, inventory -the whole kit and kaboodle. im guessing any sale will also contain a non-compete clause

For now, im holding off on selling out, just in case i want to take some time off this winter after my kid is born...figure i can make some extra cash on the side if i need to
Do you have a website you sell your stuff on?

(08-20-2014, 06:23 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: semi-kind of-a little retired. i still have it up, but im no longer advertising nor bothering former customers with emails. ive trickled down to about 300 dollars of sales a week, with the exception of some big orders im making special arrangements for.
How is semi-sorta-kinda-retirement going? Smile
With an expectant wife and a child on the way it's understandable that you've got enough on your plate. The cards will still be there afterwards, as will most of your customer base. I wouldn't be concerned about that at all.
So when is Sawyer Blue due?

(08-21-2014, 11:39 AM)hobbyboxbreaker1983 Wrote: Do you have a website you sell your stuff on?
i am/was ebay's longest running most honest most successful dutch seller....over a decade of doing it. it's still there kind of. im looking into creating a facebook group and maybe a blog or something. some way i dont have to give ebay and paypal 15 cents of every dollar i make (an additional 10 cents of every dollar i make goes to cancer research)
(08-21-2014, 11:49 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: How is semi-sorta-kinda-retirement going? Smile
With an expectant wife and a child on the way it's understandable that you've got enough on your plate. The cards will still be there afterwards, as will most of your customer base. I wouldn't be concerned about that at all.
So when is Sawyer Blue due?
that and my appraisal stuff has picked up, plus the 9-5

Sawyer Macmillan Blue is due October 27 - 10 years to the day the Sox reversed the curse