`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
PC additions - June additions at #292

RE: Standing PC additions - finally some September mail
I've been trying to be a little more selective with my purchases lately - less stuff, but higher quality type of thing. So, here's the results from the last couple of weeks. A couple of trades, some Ebay and a Facebook purchase.

The Berrios is the Asia edition, Cederoth Indigo 3/3 completes the mini non 1/1 rainbow, and Buxton and Sano are just the Chrome mini inserts.
[Image: 20150921_214830_zpstx7vay4q.jpg]

Kohl Stewart Orange Wave and Gold /50, base Minier auto and May Green Auto /99.
[Image: 20150921_214727_zps52rksmdo.jpg]

These are all FT ... I couldn't pass on the Kelly - it's a cool looking card and it's inspired by Dr. M.
[Image: 20150921_214439_zpsexr7k4ba.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing PC additions - some new Twins and a Dr. M special!
Woo hoo! I need it if you want to trade me ... If not, totally understand keeping it ... Cool auto, black chrome makes it POP! Too bad, Casey isn't as successful as your golden boy, Max K! It's not too late for a good pitcher to get called up, but the odds are stacked against him. Tommy John surgery, rehab, re-injured, rehab again. He went to the Padres from Boston in the deal that sent Adrian Gonzalez to Boston. That seemed like ages ago.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-21-2015, 10:44 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Woo hoo! I need it if you want to trade me ... If not, totally understand keeping it ... Cool auto, black chrome makes it POP! Too bad, Casey isn't as successful as your golden boy, Max K! It's not too late for a good pitcher to get called up, but the odds are stacked against him. Tommy John surgery, rehab, re-injured, rehab again. He went to the Padres from Boston in the deal that sent Adrian Gonzalez to Boston. That seemed like ages ago.
I could possibly be persuaded to move it. I got it because it was a killer deal and it looks cool. Also figured it could make for some good trade bait.

I'm pretty stoked about Max getting called up. Finally a horse I bet on has done something. Not all the way there yet, but at least he's moving in that direction. Now we just need Torii Hunter to gracefully walk away. But it's Torii Hunter and his massive ego won't allow that to happen.
Kepler

(09-21-2015, 10:47 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I could possibly be persuaded to move it. I got it because it was a killer deal and it looks cool. Also figured it could make for some good trade bait.

I'm pretty stoked about Max getting called up. Finally a horse I bet on has done something. Not all the way there yet, but at least he's moving in that direction. Now we just need Torii Hunter to gracefully walk away. But it's Torii Hunter and his massive ego won't allow that to happen.
I'm sure we can work out a deal with some Twins cards that have been held hostage over the past few years Smile
Torii Hunter's massive ego might not allow for his graceful departure, but his minimal batting average might make it necessary. Smile (batting .230-.240?)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-22-2015, 05:51 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I'm sure we can work out a deal with some Twins cards that have been held hostage over the past few years Smile
Torii Hunter's massive ego might not allow for his graceful departure, but his minimal batting average might make it necessary. Smile (batting .230-.240?)
Torii's recent "surge" has him up to a robust .247. Unfortunately, Cafardo out in Boston is reporting that a team source has told him the Twins want Torii back for "at least" one more year. Unless it's for half (or less) of his current $10.5 million salary, they shouldn't even bother.
Kepler

Beautiful pickups Jared!

I know what would look really good in your collection Smile
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

Not a lot of quantity lately, but some pretty decent quality:

Some new '14 Draft Red Chrome /5
[Image: 20151001_224127_LLS_zpskhr4o4q8.jpg]

A couple of new '10 Keplers Purple /10 and BC base
[Image: 20151001_224156_LLS_zps8n7lebyk.jpg]

Heritage Berrios SP and the Bowman Scouts is /99
[Image: 20151001_224327_LLS_zpsjfke53zx.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing PC additions - Oct. 1 update
Wow. Been a while since I've added to this. Partially because I haven't been buying as much (not as much to buy) and I've also had less spare time ... my movie reviews and stories are gaining a little steam, so that's kept me hopping. But, here's what I've been able to add recently. Not big numbers, but pretty decent quality at good prices.

Kohl Stewart minis - /20, /25, /3
[Image: 20151121_212048_LLS_zpsubpcwztn.jpg]

Burdi /25, Berrios /5
[Image: 20151121_212229_LLS_zpsbqtkhh0m.jpg]

Arcias /25 (now have 3 of these), Vargas base Supreme and, Killebrew /15
[Image: 20151121_212344_LLS_zpsjqludxww.jpg]

Vargas /5, Stewart /25, Chargois /500, Hicks /150
[Image: 20151121_212429_LLS_zps7qzxlqo0.jpg]

Buxton Tek, Buxton Action SP, Berrios /5
[Image: 20151121_212504_LLS_zpsikh2arnf.jpg]

Stewart and Buxton Red Paper /5
[Image: 20151121_212536_LLS_zps822y6zc0.jpg]

And my latest Kepler - Purple 1/1
[Image: 20151121_212554_LLS_zpsm7ge6dmz.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing PC additions - An update 2 months in the making
Live those red chrome and papers, and that Sterling purple. Nice stuff Jared.

RE: Standing PC additions - An update 2 months in the making
(11-21-2015, 11:43 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Live those red chrome and papers, and that Sterling purple. Nice stuff Jared.
Thanks! I've been really trying to be pickier about my pickups. I still pick up some blasters here and there and if a product is coming out and it's got a good Twins checklist, I'll probably start buying boxes. But for right now, I'm really liking what I can get for singles. There's some good deals to be had if you've got the patience.

I think I almost like my Sterling Kepler more than my Chromes. Although I'd gladly move one of my purples to get the Orange non-auto.
Kepler