`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Any Advice: Getting a few cards graded

Any Advice: Getting a few cards graded
Open to any advice. I know to wipe down the card with micro fiber. Any advice on how to ship, things to look for, ect.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

RE: Any Advice: Getting a few cards graded
I've only had cards graded once so far, though I plan on doing more. I didn't do anything special. I ship them in a small, flat rate box for protection.

you can do a search on the forum and there is a englandhosehold here who ha submitted multiple cards and his recommended items are great and inexpensive.

Here is the link: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1524015.html

Biggest things I use are a tool that is used to ensure that the card is centered really well. Human eye does this great, but there is a tool that the EHH recommended that I have used and it does quite well to ensure that the card is in fact centered quite well. Only ran me about $5.00 from the crafts store.

Also a 5x or more magnifying glass to look over the corners, and a good flashlight. It helps to see the flaws in the corners and will help to determine if you want to get it graded.

A good micro cloth as well to wipe off fingerprints/smudges.

Anything that you see, the grader will see as well, but they will also find more.

Another thing if you are getting autos graded is to ensure that the auto is crisp (no smudges, streaks, faded areas, whole signature is on card or sticker, etc). All of those things will affect auto grade, but not the card grade.

[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

Appreciate the link! Many thanks.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

Yes, use PSA not BGS if you have registry set type cards (90's and back). I see so many BGS cards I'd buy if only they were PSA... the 6 bucks to cross it usually breaks the deal and PSA gives 1 PSA 10 for every 30 BGS 9.5's I send in. I think their club bulk deals are second to none provided you're very patient. They are very tough and their standards are more linear. The whole sub grade thing is cool, but it skews an overall grade. A NM card is a NM card regardless of how awesome the surface or edges are... it's irrelevant, that's what half grades are for.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --