`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2013 SPx clearance sale. Yes please and thank you

2013 SPx clearance sale. Yes please and thank you
The local hobby shop is clearing out crappy 2013 products and making room for 2014. I couldn't wait around for new product, so I ripped one last week and pulled the usual 4 hits. I also pulled a very badly faded redemption. Luckily, I calked UD and they told me to send them a pic of the redemption and they would use software they have to enhance the code and honor the card. Well, it showed up today and it was as good as it looked when I could barely read it

[Image: imagejpg4.jpg]

RE: 2013 SPx clearance sale. Yes please and thank you
Wow...hats off to Upper Deck for doing that for you. And nice card!

/I always liked UD's products, but I just can't get behind NFL players in college uniforms. It gives me a sad. Sad

This is how bad the redemption looked. The redemption code itself was faded as well. I'm not here to praise UD for their products in general, but they came through for me on this one. Thanks. Now try to get over half the autos in your product live BEFORE you release them and maybe I'll say something else nice in the future.

[Image: imagejpg1-1.jpg]

(04-21-2014, 11:02 PM)Harv72b Wrote: Wow...hats off to Upper Deck for doing that for you. And nice card!

/I always liked UD's products, but I just can't get behind NFL players in college uniforms. It gives me a sad. Sad
My issue is with the fact that all the materials now are " player worn". UD does not own any "game worn"college stuff, so it is all off-the-rack new jerseys worn by players as they sign items for the company.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

I quickly noted the patch on the Marino "Pitt" jersey and thought back to the silkscreened large hole mesh that I got on the first Marino patch I pulled(non auto). If you're going to make fake jersey cards, at least stay consistent. But still, dual auto /5 is pretty nice to have in hand.

(04-22-2014, 12:22 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: My issue is with the fact that all the materials now are " player worn". UD does not own any "game worn"college stuff, so it is all off-the-rack new jerseys worn by players as they sign items for the company.
Yeah, when I say I'd always liked UD products I'm going back to the mid- to late-90s. And I'm speaking more of the base card designs than inserts & the like...plus the fact that you could often build a complete set out of one UD box back in the day, while a Topps or Fleer box would give you 15 of any given common card and huge gaps in the checklist.

I still hold that 1995 Upper Deck SP is the most attractive set ever produced. :p

cool of ud to do the right thing, if its ft buddy send me a pm or an open offer im sure i can help with whatever you pc
http://www.ebay.com/usr/ibuyselltradecards

*Instagram - IBuySellTradeCards

~If i COMMENT on your post then I'm Interested in what you have~

"NOTHING quality is cheap"

~Jordan, Bron, Kobes, HOFer Autos, Star Autos, Chrome Prospects, HOF/Star Rookies~

~EVERYTHING always has a price~

Congrats....Great Story & Killer Card!!! Two of the Greatest QBs of All-Time!!
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

WOWEEE WOWEEE WOWEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one downright NASTY CARD!!!! Congrats!
I collect BAYLOR MEMORABILIA and SPORTS CARDS. Also RC QB autos and Redskins. My Album: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322

I am glad UD came through for you. I am a firm believer in the fact that redemption should not expire. I believe that if you pay for a product, you should get the gaurantee on the box, whether or not the product was produced in 2007 or 2014. I pulled a case hit Emmitt Smith Auto /25. The redemption expired, UD pretty much told me they wouldn't do anything for me. I have been boycotting them for 16 months now. Sorry for blabbering on, I am happy that UD did you well.