`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett Radio 4/3/14

Beckett Radio 4/3/14
This week we chat all about "oddball" cards in the industry that are featured in packs like Allen and Ginter, Gypsy Queen, Goodwin Champions, among others! Tune in to try and get your hands on a box of 2013-14 Panini Gold Standard Basketball.

Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes by clicking this link!
http://tinyurl.com/pj532lh

If you have any questions or comments, email us at radio@beckett.com!

Follow us on Twitter for special giveaways, breaking news, and other entertainment!
twitter.com/BeckettRadio

RE: Beckett Radio Episode 13
[Image: IMG_0967.jpg]

Here is the Geronimo Hair Card that I talked about on the show.

The coolest odd card I hit was from Allen Ginter And it was a terrorablia card (Werewolf) but I have also pulled a horse hair from Goodwin. But below is one of my favs when it comes to odd.

[Image: 2010GinterBiggestsetPic2001_zps5b73cbb8.jpg]
[Image: 2010GinterBiggestsetPic1001_zps4e2cd5cb.jpg]
Photo 
My favorite "odd card" is from the 2011 Goodwin Champions World Traveler subset... Great Blue Hole, Belize

http://www.beckett.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=8438

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you for the mention in this episode. It is greatly appreciated!
CARDS 4 VETS
www.cards4vets.us

From 2012 Allen&Ginter

My odd card from 2012 Allen&ginter

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As history goes it is pretty cool. I love history. But politcal cards (our sports cards should keep politcal crud out, we have no room for it), racing, football, basketball, and other sport and non sport cards is pretty lame. When I spend my money on baseball I expect baseball not what I just mentioned.

I dont collect football anymore but when I did I didnt get baseball or other things what I got was football . Granted I havent bought a box in 3 years for football so things maybe different now.

Bringing back Mickey Mouse was a cool idea I mean I grew up on Mickey Mouse, and the 3 little pigs, and little red riding hood and these cards were insert short prints. This I dont mind so much, but when you get 25% of the base set is not the sport you collect why buy it? It is a turn off on me but everyone has thier own opinions and I just gave mine.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

My fav odd ball card. TCSP Topp Shelp Baseball American Heroes Jimmy Carter Event Worn Memoriabilia

Attached Files
.pdf   photo.pdf (Size: 561.81 KB / Downloads: 5)