`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mailing Trades Question

Mailing Trades Question
Ok, I've done PWE's and bubble mailers. So far so good on both fronts, but postage can add up fast. When doing PWE's, allowing for cheapest possible postage, how do you package them? I was told by the USPS that if it's rigid, it has to go into a bubble mailer and that changes the rate considerably. Would love to hear everyone's opinions. Thanks!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

RE: Mailing Trades Question
i have always sent my cards with a bubble envelope. granted it amounts to about 3 dollars a transaction. but i also get tracking. gives me a peace of mind. hope this helps. thanks

I am with snappyjoe75. I feel more peace of mind that the other trader will get his/her items and they will be unharmed by the postal process.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

If you use PayPal shipping and got a good deal on bubble mailers it only comes out to a little over $2.

On the times where the other trader and I have agreed to do pwe, I simply put it in a top loader and fold up a piece of paper around it so the edges aren't so noticeable.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(03-04-2014, 05:25 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: i have always sent my cards with a bubble envelope. granted it amounts to about 3 dollars a transaction. but i also get tracking. gives me a peace of mind. hope this helps. thanks

+100000000000
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(03-04-2014, 05:16 PM)sfreinker Wrote: Ok, I've done PWE's and bubble mailers. So far so good on both fronts, but postage can add up fast. When doing PWE's, allowing for cheapest possible postage, how do you package them? I was told by the USPS that if it's rigid, it has to go into a bubble mailer and that changes the rate considerably. Would love to hear everyone's opinions. Thanks!
I know regular envelopes are easier to send in the mail and that is what I usually send but how many stamps do you need on a bubble mailer to send cards, and do you need a certain kind?

I always use bubble mailers on mine and do my mailing through paypal unless it's going to Canada. Normal shipping for the bubble mailer through paypal with the DC is $1.93. I paid about .15 for my bubble mailers. I do it for the peace of mind that I have a way to track it and it's easier to package and protect a card that way.

PWE only if freebie's (I'm not doing a trade under 5 bucks BV...I'll just send the card/cards if your a nice person) in sleeve w soft toploader in a blank card...I use hallmark blank note cards w envelopes. Everything else sent in bubble mailer with tracking. (cant figure the darn paypal out but I dig my PO chicks so its a win for me seeing them...LOL) Find a good cheap source for your mailers.

Gotta pull the cards for your trade offer tommorrow night...awesome man!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(03-04-2014, 09:06 PM)Celticpride Wrote: I know regular envelopes are easier to send in the mail and that is what I usually send but how many stamps do you need on a bubble mailer to send cards, and do you need a certain kind?
Don't do stamps it will cost you a fortune ! Take it to the post office and it will be around 3 for. 4-5 oz package or if you have paypal go to www
Paypal.com/shipnow and it's about a dollar cheaper and you can print you own labels
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

Definitely, do the PayPal shipping. Free Delivery confirmation.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]