`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mailing Trades Question

RE: Mailing Trades Question
(03-04-2014, 05:25 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: i have always sent my cards with a bubble envelope. granted it amounts to about 3 dollars a transaction. but i also get tracking. gives me a peace of mind. hope this helps. thanks
+1 Mega billion!!!!
(03-04-2014, 06:46 PM)petillo64 Wrote: If you use PayPal shipping and got a good deal on bubble mailers it only comes out to a little over $2.

On the times where the other trader and I have agreed to do pwe, I simply put it in a top loader and fold up a piece of paper around it so the edges aren't so noticeable.
Yessir!!!

I normally ship via Paypal shipping with a bubble mailer and just drop it in the mail so I don't even have to go to the post office. For the few times I still use PWE I put the card in a sleeve and top loader and even a team bag, then fold it inside a piece of paper (usually an invoice, so the receiver knows where the card came from). I also write "DO NOT BEND" on the outside of the envelope (front and back). They have a stamper at the post office for "DO NOT BEND" as well if you want to ask them to use that instead of writing it yourself. There is also a "HAND SORT" stamper, but I have had issues with postal workers not wanting to use that stamper.

I have found over the many years and different post offices I have used that there are some really helpful USPS workers and some that seem to want to charge you the most possible or are set in their ways. Now when I come across one of the unhelpful ones I try to avoid them (either by letting others pass me in line, or coming back when they aren't working). Also when I find a really helpful postal worker I always try to come in on their schedule and wait for their register to open. It makes all the difference in the world when you have to ship at the post office.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

When I send via PWE I put the card in a top loader, then get a strudy pieve of cardboard to reinforce it, put that in a team bag with the card tape it up, put it in the envelope then wrap tape around the pwe. I not to handsort on the envelope but they sitll ignore that at times and thus why i put the tape and extra reinforcement.
Is this thing on?

One PWE trick I've done is go to the dollar store and buy a whack of old Christmas cards etc... Put the toploaded or soft sleeved (those ultra pro ones) inside the XMas card.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

How festive! LOL

(03-05-2014, 11:05 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: One PWE trick I've done is go to the dollar store and buy a whack of old Christmas cards etc... Put the toploaded or soft sleeved (those ultra pro ones) inside the XMas card.
Thank you to everyone for the great information. My biggest concern is getting my trades to my trade partner in the condition they're expecting them to be in and that they are completely happy with the trade. Pricing comes next, but not at the risk of my trade reputation on here. Too important.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

(03-05-2014, 05:49 PM)sfreinker Wrote: How festive! LOL

Thank you to everyone for the great information. My biggest concern is getting my trades to my trade partner in the condition they're expecting them to be in and that they are completely happy with the trade. Pricing comes next, but not at the risk of my trade reputation on here. Too important.
Well a good rule to go by is never send PWE unless agreed upon beforehand by all parties. Otherwise you are setting yourself up
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

(03-04-2014, 09:55 PM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: Don't do stamps it will cost you a fortune ! Take it to the post office and it will be around 3 for. 4-5 oz package or if you have paypal go to www
Paypal.com/shipnow and it's about a dollar cheaper and you can print you own labels
Great suggestion. Just used it and I payed way less in postage and by using a recycled bubble mailer. I just take off or cover up the old information and use it to send the next trade in. Thanks!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!