`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Hit, To Sell, Grade, Or Wait?

Big Hit, To Sell, Grade, Or Wait?
I recently pulled an Awesome 2010/11 SP Authentic Sign Of The Times Michael Jordan On Card Auto and, obviously, I want to sell it for as much as possible. My first instinct was to throw it on Ebay with a $1,500 OBO listing but that could take a very long time. I have seen similar ones that have sold very recently for $2,000+ and some for only $400. It is very nice and I would guess would grade at a 9, 9.5, or 10 which makes me want to spend a little money and hope for a 10 to bump the price up. Does anyone have any advice or experience with something like this? I had a Polomalu Auto relic 5/5 that I did not grade and sold for $400 but this I think is more valuable.

photo 4d042a93-7e29-4b7e-b30e-8bc28bc13f79_zpsd42894be.jpg
Collects: Anything Brett Favre, USC Football, Penny Hardaway, LA Angels

RE: Big Hit, To Sell, Grade, Or Wait?
Nice card man....

Wait. A 2010-11 Sign of the Times auto went for $2 grand?? There is a 9.5 on ebay with 6 offers with a BIN of $1035...With that being said, it isn't feasible to think that you would get more than that for a raw copy. If you think it would grade well, I would say send it in for grading and hope for the 10. Good luck on moving it. Its a great card from an iconic set(SOTT).
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

wow, awesome pull, congrats. might as well throw it on eBay for a little bit and see if anyone bites. there are some filthy rich people out there...

Thanks for the replies.

A similar one, not the same year, but SP authentic Sign of the times, sold for $2K+ I may throw it up there and hope for a good offer until a good grading deal comes along on here.

Nice pull! Grade it and sell it. There are MJ cards everywhere, and there will always be more, but his auto is starting to look a little ragged.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Sweetness
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Got the MJ back from Beckett, little disappointed in the whole thing. I did it all online and the total was $66 so I shipped out my cards, and waited. I had the 10 day service and on business day 13 I called and got transferred and called and finally got the head guy. Long story short, he apologized and got them done right away and shipped back. Problem is I got charged $218!!!! A far cry from $66 or the FREE it should have been. I emailed him and am waiting to hear back but what a pain. Also the card only graded a 9 Auto 10  photo 20140326_1337171_zps15f90aa9.jpg

Wow that's too bad about the bad experience. I've submitted over 20 times and have never had any problems/delays. Where are you located?
Reason I ask is because I see you're a USC and LA Angels fan. If you're near the L.A. area there are a few places you can submit cards for grading in person.
So why are they charging you over $200?

Anyway a 9/10 Auto is not bad. It's a nice card

Yea I'm confused as to why the $218?
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

I am actually in Utah. I used to live in LA. I just got off the phone with Tim (who by the way has been awesome in helping get through all this muck) I guess what happened is that I submitted my order Online and had clicked a promo (I have never done this stuff before) I picked 10 day service, declared value at $1750 and started adding cards. When I looked at the bottom where it shows the cost it said $66, I thought, "Wow, that's a great price, I'll definitely do that and not bother pricing out PSA or any others" I paid and printed my packing slip. I then noticed on the packing slip a $218 cost and -$150 for "Promotion Discount" and thought it was one hell of a Promo and forgot about it. I guess that Promo did not apply to 10 day orders but for some reason the Site disagreed and took the discount off plus some which I could not see. Then because of that the process was delayed and ended up taking 14 days AND I was charged Full Price. In my mind if I am paying Full Price, it should be free since it took 14 days on 10 day service. I would be happy to pay the $66 that I was quoted and shown when I paid and deal with the late service due to the error but it has to be one or the other in my opinion. I can't pay Full price and not get the Guarantee because of a glitch that is out of my control