`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Jeter Set to Retire after 2014 Season

Derek Jeter Set to Retire after 2014 Season
Posted it on his Facebook saying that 2014 will be his final season. I have to respect him for being the player that he was
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

RE: Derek Jeter Set to Retire after 2014 Season
I don't like the Yankees, but Derek Jeter sure is impossible to dis-like. Great player, class act...and of course it is hard to argue with a career .312 BA, 3300 Hits (3400 by the time he retires?), 250 HR, possibly 1300 RBIs, etc...not to mention .300+ career post-season batting average, etc...etc...
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

This is a sad day to come for baseball fans!!! Yankees fan or not what a great player, a great career, and person... He will be missed!
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Class act with absolutely nothing left to prove. Totally respect his decision.
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

Sad day indeed. However I'm looking forward to seeing him this last year. As for when he does retire my questions is Who will lead my favorite team after 2014?
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

What a player. Carried the face of MLB well. Very well.
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

I'm confused by the announcement. I was kinda thinking that the whole "Mariano Rivera final tour" thing wasn't Jeter's scene. Now it almost forces that to happen. I thought that when he was ready, he'd hit a game winning double after going 3 for 4 against ANY TEAM IN SEPTEMBER at Yankee stadium and announce his retirement and go home without fanfare. I guess he wants his own baseball bat rocking chair gift, like what was given to Mariano. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-12-2014, 06:05 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I'm confused by the announcement. I was kinda thinking that the whole "Mariano Rivera final tour" thing wasn't Jeter's scene. Now it almost forces that to happen. I thought that when he was ready, he'd hit a game winning double after going 3 for 4 against ANY TEAM IN SEPTEMBER at Yankee stadium and announce his retirement and go home without fanfare. I guess he wants his own baseball bat rocking chair gift, like what was given to Mariano. Smile
I too thought this.

I am mostly looking forward to Alex Rodriguez's final season, and the circus that will be.

(02-12-2014, 06:08 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I too thought this.

I am mostly looking forward to Alex Rodriguez's final season, and the circus that will be.
Hopefully this will be ARods final season as Yankee!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(02-12-2014, 06:46 PM)beginesj Wrote: Hopefully this will be ARods final season as Yankee!
You mean last season right Wink
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]