IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Jeter Set to Retire after 2014 Season

RE: Derek Jeter Set to Retire after 2014 Season
(02-12-2014, 06:59 PM)clarkzac Wrote: You mean last season right Wink
Yes.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

No baseball bat rocking chair from the Twins this year ... I'm thinking a nice gift basket. Or maybe two of them with the exact same items in them. Lol. All jokes aside, as much as I hate the Yankees, I'll miss #2.
Kepler

derek jeter is 27th all-time in OPS+

among shortstops

sorry, i couldnt help myself

yes but what is he ranked from the years 1995-2014?. I just blew some minds right there. But in all honestly, not being a yanks fan (obviously, look to the left), any baseball player with a class act like him I will always cheer for no matter who he plays for.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

I can see his cards getting pricey for the rest of the year now people are going to go nuts over his cards.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Jeter, not that I can recall, was never in the media for anything negative and that is really saying something. Not a Yank fan, but I have mucho respecto for guys like Jeter.
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

Jeter, Ripken & Biggio......all played the game for the "love of the game"......respected the game......respected the people in the game & respected "Us" the fans of the game......Job Well Done, Gentlemen......Job well Done!!!!!!!
[Image: lbMplTF.png]
1967 Topps
Super Collector of Cal Ripken Jr. & "Pudge" Rodriguez
bowers25’s bucket

(02-12-2014, 06:08 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I too thought this.

I am mostly looking forward to Alex Rodriguez's final season, and the circus that will be.
I agree rjcj2017, Aroid and ryan scrawny's retiring would be a great ending for me. Especially that wannabe "man" scrawny.

MY PC IS CARDS TOP OF THE LINE CORNERS & EDGES FIRST. SECONDLY CENTERING-SURFACE FOLLOW. EVEN FOR PSA'S 7-8 ARE VIRTUALLY PERFECT CORNERS & EDGES UNDER 40X-100X MAGNIFICATION. MY MOTTO "COLLECT THE CARD, NOT THE SLAB."
http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/RHINOCOCKSAURUS/library/?sort=6&page=1

In future years, Jeter will be one this era's players that is spoken of by fathers and grandfathers as Mantle and Mayes are today, and DiMaggio before that.
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

(02-13-2014, 01:23 AM)anhaga68 Wrote: In future years, Jeter will be one this era's players that is spoken of by fathers and grandfathers as Mantle and Mayes are today, and DiMaggio before that.
Well put !!!!.........All my favorite plays of my younger years have left the game (in body).......Does this make me old?
[Image: lbMplTF.png]
1967 Topps
Super Collector of Cal Ripken Jr. & "Pudge" Rodriguez
bowers25’s bucket