`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I smell shill bidding, what do you guys think?

I smell shill bidding, what do you guys think?
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...0838210642

I was winning this card and willing to go higher until I noticed the bidder that was on top. Don't know but I am a bit leery about putting another bid because of this.

Just my opinion of course but I think it stinks... like my opinion sometimes lol.
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

RE: I smell shill bidding, what do you guys think?
I would assume the schill bidder Is the one with 22 feedbacks. He will be the one that comes back in the end and wins it! Could be a fluke too. Ive sold plenty of items and a person with little or no feedbacks have won my items and paid for them! But im pretty sure the person with 22 feedbacks will be the one that wins it!

Yeah I thought of him too but I've had to bid on items like that before where I had no idea what the top bid was and had to put 3 or 4 bids in on it. It is a nice card and was willing to go over 70 on it but not feeling comfortable now.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

Unless the guy just happened to come across the card late it does seem as if he came out of nowhere. He has only 1 feedback on EBay also. Sounds fishy to me , but hey what do I know.
US Army Mechanic collecting 49er Greats; Rice, Montana, Craig, Rathman, Patrick Willis, etc.

The trader you're referring to with 22 feedback has 52 other items they have ever bid on. He has only bid on 4% of that seller's auctions ever. The current leader with 1 feedback had bid on 133 total items and this is the first one they've ever bid on from this seller (at 0%). Shill bidding happens for sure but I'm more curious why you would be suspicious? Because he has 1 feedback? Just wondering.
ID VIKESRULE on most other trade sites. Don't care about BV if the deal is right.
Cris Carter super collector and die hard Vikings guy!

Understood, but he probably understands the idea of shill bidding and how it looks suspicious. Only one feedback yes for sure throws me off for so many bids.

I try to be patient and wait till the last few seconds to bid (if I can). Then I really don't worry about shill bidding as much.
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector

It seems to be going for the price it should be sold at. John Elway on card auto with patches from a high end product with a really low serial number. I don't think it's a shill but I don't know the Elway market or past similar cards sold for.

I don't buy wax, but I've noticed UD putting out these college jersey cards from HOFers. Are these game worn college jersey's? or even even event worn? or are they just random jerseys they cut up?

(01-23-2014, 02:41 AM)durfeecoach1 Wrote: It seems to be going for the price it should be sold at. John Elway on card auto with patches from a high end product with a really low serial number. I don't think it's a shill but I don't know the Elway market or past similar cards sold for.
Yeah not sure of the market but that does seem cheap!! I have had a few shilled cards in my history. My biggest thing is when a seller has multiple accounts and buys and sells from all of them to make the card trail hard to follow. If you are an Elway collector you should know the market pretty well as I do for my PC. If you feel it was getting shilled then always go with your gut, it's your money and potential purchase/s