`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WAY OT: EBAY SELLER ISSUES

RE: WAY OT: EBAY SELLER ISSUES
(01-11-2014, 06:08 PM)nthnoak Wrote: I dont understand why he has to give the guy a refund. If it states that he doesnt give refunds and they had it for 2 days without problems, those are all things that can be typed in the ebay case to help with their decision. But not sure how their just going to give the buyer the money back if the seller refuses because he has to get the system back first. But theres proof of tracking im assuming so its not just going to be an automatic refund type thing. It will have to go to the ebay folks and hear both sides of the story as long as the seller doesnt want to give a refund.
Not how ebay works. What you state in your auction makes no difference. Ebay policy is 14 day return period ESPECIALLY if item isnt in the condition it was purchased in. In this case it was purchased in working condition and received in non working condition. Ebay is a market place that contends with the likes of Amazon, Best Buy, Wal-Mart etc etc etc and they want their sellers to act like them as well. I.E. if a buyer purchases an item and doesnt like, want, care for the item anymore then it can be returned. All he has to say is he didnt use it for the 1st 2 days and when he went to use it it didnt work.

People really need to understand ebay policy before selling on it. If you sell an item on ebay it will be as if you owned Wal-Mart and the customers are always right. This is why they have the feedback system (Customer reviews) and DSR's (to make sure you act properly or they will shut you down) if you sell something and someone decides they dont want it 10 days later it can be returned.

Think Super Bowl Sunday - Largest TV selling day of the year and Monday is the largest TV return day of the year. People can do it at retail stores, Amazon and Ebay.

OP will lose the case provided the buyer returns the item. And with no proof that it wasnt switched Ebay will keep the buyer happy as that is their source of income. Sellers get charged but if no one buys then no one sells.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Quote:*Note that under eBay Buyer Protection you may be required to accept a return if the item is significantly different from what was described in the listing, regardless of your return policy.

Do I have to accept returns?

Quote:No, but you do have to specify a return policy. You may specify that you do not accept returns by setting your policy to “No returns accepted.” If you accept returns, you’re required to accept returns for any reason, including when buyers change their minds.

If a buyer wants to return an item, can I ask them to send it back before issuing a refund?

Quote:Yes. In fact, it’s a best practice to wait until items are returned to you and inspect them before issuing a refund. Be sure to mention this in the listing so buyers understand in advance if they will be responsible for return shipping and the expected condition of a returned item. If you choose to pay return shipping, you can add details about how and when you’ll do so by selecting “seller” in the Return Policy “change return policy” menu and providing details in the text box such as, “buyer will pay for return and will be reimbursed by seller.”
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Hi all...just realized that I forgot to update you on this situation....I received the PS3 back about a week or two ago....I plugged it in, hooked up the wires, and it worked completely fine, no issues!!! So either they didn't wanna pay for it any more, or they truly had no idea what they were doing when they were hooking up the system......Either way, it is what it is I suppose....
Slowly starting to get back into it....

Great news! Not so great you had to take the return but great it wasn't damaged and you can now resell it.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Just another case of a dreamer... I'd have a lot more respect for someone if they just came out and said they're flat broke and could they please return it.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

Dude my PS3 just died on me and Im looking for one. I sent you a PM let me know if you still have it and want to sell it maybe we can work something out!

Seth
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

Sorry man...I actually sold it the following day at the same price that I sold it for orginally...Wish I could have helped!

(01-29-2014, 11:12 AM)s1020 Wrote: Dude my PS3 just died on me and Im looking for one. I sent you a PM let me know if you still have it and want to sell it maybe we can work something out!

Seth

(01-28-2014, 12:27 PM)branesergen Wrote: Great news! Not so great you had to take the return but great it wasn't damaged and you can now resell it.
Thanks! I was fortunate enough to resell it at the same price the following day...I hated the hassle, but i guess it all worked out in the end....
Slowly starting to get back into it....