`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WAY OT: EBAY SELLER ISSUES

WAY OT: EBAY SELLER ISSUES
Hey everyone....off-topic here, but I have an issue that I have never had come up that I'm hoping that someone may have an answer to:

I have a long positive seller feedback on the site. I sold someone a practically new PS3, which worked perfectly fine. They received it two days ago, then messaged me today, saying that the system is not working and they want their money back. I replied that they should try contacting Sony customer service to try working through whatever issue they had, as it was working fine when I had it. They responded that they just wanted their money back.

My issue with this is, the system was in PERFECT condition prior to sending and is NOW not working? I ensure that ALL of my transactions are beyond appropriately shipped in terms of packaging, protection, etc., so that is not the issue. The one thing that I did not note prior to sending was the serial number. I'm worried that this person may be trying to do a bait and switch on me??? They have feedback under 10 and now I'm worried that I'm going to get something defective back and have to give them their money back.

I sent it with postal insurance covering up to $200, but if there is truly something wrong with the system, I don't see how I can get paid back.

I'm hoping someone has some positive words for me here.....
Slowly starting to get back into it....

RE: WAY OT: EBAY SELLER ISSUES
SORRY CAN'T HELP YOU. HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR YOU.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

I bought a pool table bar light from ebay and it came defective. I contacted the seller and he told me that he had sent it with insurance. I filed a claim with the post office and got my money back. They only thing is that the PO might want to keep the item in order for the claim to be processed. Hope this helps.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsiqi1o37i.jpg]

ALBUMS UNDER TEST
FOR SALE - FOR TRADE

(01-10-2014, 08:36 PM)larry2garcia Wrote: I bought a pool table bar light from ebay and it came defective. I contacted the seller and he told me that he had sent it with insurance. I filed a claim with the post office and got my money back. They only thing is that the PO might want to keep the item in order for the claim to be processed. Hope this helps.
Sent you a PM.....I am curious to see how long the buyer would have to wait in order to get the $ back....Ebay and Paypal have now put a hold on my account in the total of that transaction...

(01-10-2014, 08:36 PM)larry2garcia Wrote: I bought a pool table bar light from ebay and it came defective. I contacted the seller and he told me that he had sent it with insurance. I filed a claim with the post office and got my money back. They only thing is that the PO might want to keep the item in order for the claim to be processed. Hope this helps.
Sent you a PM.....I am curious to see how long the buyer would have to wait in order to get the $ back....Ebay and Paypal have now put a hold on my account in the total of that transaction...

ask them to give you the serial # off the system.

did you offer a refund for the PS3 when you sold it?

Make them pay for shipping back the item if that is what the terms of sale were, verify the system and then issue a refund if possible, and then contact the post office saying the item was damaged, and begin the insurance part.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

(01-10-2014, 08:54 PM)gjhobbs Wrote: ask them to give you the serial # off the system.

did you offer a refund for the PS3 when you sold it?

Make them pay for shipping back the item if that is what the terms of sale were, verify the system and then issue a refund if possible, and then contact the post office saying the item was damaged, and begin the insurance part.
I always state no refunds. But if there really is something wrong with the system, I'm not trying to screw anyone over here. I do not know the # on the original system, that is part of my dilemma here.....

(01-10-2014, 08:59 PM)qbcollectorlionsfan Wrote: I always state no refunds. But if there really is something wrong with the system, I'm not trying to screw anyone over here. I do not know the # on the original system, that is part of my dilemma here.....
According to ebay policy you're going to have to accept the return. It does not matter what your auction states. Only thing you can do here is try to "scare" him with the serial number if he is trying to pull a fast one. Just comment something along the lines of "Please return and once I verify the serial numbers I will offer a refund" and see if he gets it working again lol Otherwise, get it back and start the insurance process. There isnt much you can do. Thats part of selling on ebay. I just sold a PS4 and my biggest fear is a chargeback. So I made sure to send it exactly how paypal says to send it, insured and with signature confirmation. If anything happens to the system that is what your insurance is for. Good thing you had it as it may be your saving grace.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I agree with scaring him. I used to deal with this back in the 90's on Ebay all the time. It's technically mail fraud which is a federal crime. Once you get the feds involved clowns tend to stand down. It could also be that the thing works fine and they just can't afford it, good luck, hope it works out.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

I dont understand why he has to give the guy a refund. If it states that he doesnt give refunds and they had it for 2 days without problems, those are all things that can be typed in the ebay case to help with their decision. But not sure how their just going to give the buyer the money back if the seller refuses because he has to get the system back first. But theres proof of tracking im assuming so its not just going to be an automatic refund type thing. It will have to go to the ebay folks and hear both sides of the story as long as the seller doesnt want to give a refund.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/