`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Exquisite with college uniforms

Exquisite with college uniforms
Full Disclosure : I've been a part timer in the hobby for about 5 years.

Anyone else think the Exquisites are better now the players are in their college uniforms?
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

RE: Exquisite with college uniforms
(12-28-2013, 08:32 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: Full Disclosure : I've been a part timer in the hobby for about 5 years.

Anyone else think the Exquisites are better now the players are in their college uniforms?
I think it really all depends on who you collect. For my Oklahoma State players I like them to be in college uni's but for my Cowboys I prefer have the Pro.
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

i like the old timers in college uni's...but i miss a Bears logo in the product...i cant lie
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

Well, I love it since I'm a collegiate collector....but I do miss presspass' licensed stuff .

Seriously, if presspass can get on card sigs from top players prior to the draft then why the heck can't UD. The base UD product should not have stickers. Heck, if presspass can get on card sigs now from players why can't UD?
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I'm also a college alum collector so in general I like the sets that have college unis and logos. However, in this case I don't really like them on the ultra high-end brands because it really holds the value down. Ultimate and Exquisite aren't any cheaper per box than they used to be but there is a large segment of the collecting populous that hates them because of the college unis. A lot of team collectors don't consider them part of their collection either. That keeps the value down. Just my 2c.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

I'm ok with college stuff, but I wish that UD would get the NFL license back and do both. I have a couple really nice UD Packers cards, like a shadowbox Starr, a stadium box Rodgers, and a Fleer Ultra Retro Rodgers that I really like, but I would love to have some of them in Packers uniforms as well. I don't really collect a college team, and if I did, the college I would collect rarely has cards made by UD (went to the University of Toledo).

I absolutely love frank gore stuff in his college uni but they havent put a single gore card in any ud product since 2010. And that goes for a lot of players. UD seems to be stuck on putting the exact same players in every one of their products the last 3 years and its getting incredibly annoying. For rcs its a change but their vet stuff blows now.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(12-28-2013, 10:24 PM)nthnoak Wrote: I absolutely love frank gore stuff in his college uni but they havent put a single gore card in any ud product since 2010. And that goes for a lot of players. UD seems to be stuck on putting the exact same players in every one of their products the last 3 years and its getting incredibly annoying. For rcs its a change but their vet stuff blows now.
It's funny you say that. I've got the pick of the litter (as they say) on Herschel Walker - and honestly, I hate it. When I first bought some UD UGA Herschel stuff I was pumped - but it cost me some money. And now - pump that stuff out....

How many more base collegiate stuff/parallels does anyone really care about? And I'm talking about a Heisman winner.

Heck, let's produce a new Roger Stauback collegiate (with a fuzzy photo) card every UD issue with several parallels!! Why not? Let's add fake event worn player jerseys in our products!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(12-28-2013, 10:58 PM)ugameck Wrote: It's funny you say that. I've got the pick of the litter (as they say) on Herschel Walker - and honestly, I hate it. When I first bought some UD UGA Herschel stuff I was pumped - but it cost me some money. And now - pump that stuff out....

How many more base collegiate stuff/parallels does anyone really care about? And I'm talking about a Heisman winner.

Heck, let's produce a new Roger Stauback collegiate (with a fuzzy photo) card every UD issue with several parallels!! Why not? Let's add fake event worn player jerseys in our products!
Yeah I was pumped about getting some new Jerry Rice stuff back when they first started doing it but now if I type in Jerry Rice Auto on the bay, all I get is his college stuff because theres so many. And they seriously keep using the exact same players in every set. Sure there are some nice players but why does jim kelly, charley taylor, billy sims, and such have to be in every dang set. I honestly think its because they owe a lot of the missing players money still. Gore was in all their 2010 stuff as was Manning, but then they got sued and those players disapeared. There was only 1 gore auto card in 2010 that was a redemption and it never got produced. Oddly enough, that product was out right after they were getting sued. But why not an insert? Why not a base card? Anything with Gore in a Hurricane uni would be fantastic!
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate 'em. Sucks some of the nicest cards of Marino made in the past 3 years are all college uni cards. You have no idea how much I wished these were Fin uni cards, of course, I was born after Marino was out of college, so that has a part with it too. Never saw him play there.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.