`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Exquisite with college uniforms

RE: Exquisite with college uniforms
I prefer team uni myself but I don't mind when a couple products use the college uni just to add a little variety to the hobby. I do agree with whoever said they should drop the price of the boxes for the exquisite with college unis though. A fun product with inserts and things like fleer retro worked well with them but I don't think it belongs at the very high end. Guys who are hardcore team collectors pursue high end and its a big letdown to always have your favorite player in the same college pics used over and over on the cards. With all this said I did just buy an Aaron Rodgers exquisite auto in the college uni but aside from any rookies all future autos I buy will be team uni.
Photobucket

No. Terrible.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

At least the autos are on card in the exquisite and I would take a college uni on card auto vs a sticker auto team uni
Photobucket

I only collect college players so I love it. Its just a choice. If you want pro teams the go for Topps or Contenders and if you want college then go for Upper Deck, SPx, or SP Authentic. I collect Alabama players so I like the choices. The only pro stuff I own are 80's stuff or older. Im currently at around 120 auto/memorabilia cards for Bama players....got a few #1 Richardson's so I'm getting there.

i Love the variety of having Upper Deck and their college products . Exquisite is probably my favorite set of the year. Always a beautiful design with on card autos. I was not a huge fan of National Treasures 2012 football. It looked like just another run of the mill Panini product with sticker autos on some cards.

(12-29-2013, 12:00 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate 'em. Sucks some of the nicest cards of Marino made in the past 3 years are all college uni cards. You have no idea how much I wished these were Fin uni cards, of course, I was born after Marino was out of college, so that has a part with it too. Never saw him play there.
This is exactly how I feel. Upper Deck has had the best designs for a few years now and Id give anything to have a Phins unid card from their products...especially this card

[Image: spxforces.jpg]

One of the best Marinos ever made imo.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Ehh, good question. Personally, I am not really a college collector so Ultimate (all Upper Deck products for that matter) are of little interest to me, but I will pick up singles of players that were drafted by the Giants. But the upside is that Upper Deck simply makes THE best looking cards, and its not really close (see the Marino listed above for proof, that is one amazing card).
Another downside is the Upper Deck is lousy from a customer service perspective, so if you pull a redemption card...good luck.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

This is one of my favorite Rodgers that I have:

If that was him in a Packers uniform with Lambeau field in the background, it would be my absolute favorite.

(01-02-2014, 02:11 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: This is exactly how I feel. Upper Deck has had the best designs for a few years now and Id give anything to have a Phins unid card from their products...especially this card

[Image: spxforces.jpg]

One of the best Marinos ever made imo.
I want the Barry Sanders version of this, by far my favorite of him!
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

yes that Marino is amazing! Here is my newest addition, an Exquisite Aaron Rodgers on card auto 12/60. I posted it in another thread but since were talking UD college unis here I thought I'd bring it over.

photo rodgersauto1_zps332c4483.jpg
Photobucket