`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jordan RC opinions

RE: Jordan RC opinions
I vote real but altered. Funny, people ask the price to help determine real or fake. What this tells me is if I sell a fake, I need to ask book value to convince everyone it is real...LOL.
I collect most Chicago Bears, Adrian Peterson, Jerome Bettis, Devin Thomas, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders and Mike Piazza. I am always looking for a trade. Let me know what you got!!!

Oh yeah, Bear Down Chicago Bears!!

Possibly real. Likely altered.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

honestly without having it graded or authenticated, that is a purchase i wouldnt make. tell the seller you will pay to have it graded, it if comes back ok he gets his cash. if it comes back altered or fake, he can keep it and your out 20 bucks instead of a few hundred
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(12-06-2013, 02:54 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: honestly without having it graded or authenticated, that is a purchase i wouldnt make. tell the seller you will pay to have it graded, it if comes back ok he gets his cash. if it comes back altered or fake, he can keep it and your out 20 bucks instead of a few hundred
That's a good idea. this scenario won't be quite that simple, but i'll try something similar.

On the back the bull has no white in its nostrils. I thought that was an obvious tell of a fake card
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(12-06-2013, 07:59 PM)sonnyday Wrote: On the back the bull has no white in its nostrils. I thought that was an obvious tell of a fake card
You may be confusing that with the whites in the eyes of the bull, which is one of the tells. The other card in the pictures is a common which does not appear to have different nostrils than the MJ. But I could be wrong.

so it seems to me that the top left corner cardboard is not quite as stiff as the rest of the card, which may indicate water damage rather than an altercation. i will let you guys know how it grades.

As suspected, came back authentic but altered. They checked off evidence of recoloring.

...what kind of recoloring are people doing that makes this a common altercation? why do it? are they trying to cover up print spot errors? is it often done on this Fleer set?

(12-26-2013, 10:27 AM)hercules21 Wrote: As suspected, came back authentic but altered. They checked off evidence of recoloring.

...what kind of recoloring are people doing that makes this a common altercation? why do it? are they trying to cover up print spot errors? is it often done on this Fleer set?
They usually use a red marker to fill in the white along the edges to make the edges look better. The person that did it to this card allowed it to run off to the back of the card which was pretty obvious, but at least the card is authentic.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]

So you keeping that card?