Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Jordan RC opinions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have the opportunity to get my first MJ RC. The card appears legit from what I can tell. However there is a discoloration at the top, looks kinda like water damage. Definitely impacts eye appeal. The back top right corner has a little red on it. What do you guys think?

[Image: 84B9361E-AFFC-4CA8-B36A-55E9D783A480_zps3cg7gk5c.jpg]

[Image: 43CB4128-7E82-4876-B589-3EE714674169_zpsa02y3a3e.jpg]
It'd be better with high res scans so we can get a better idea of color/clarity, but I'd avoid it. To me, the coloring just doesn't look quite right...plus, at least in the scan, the clarity of the image and fleer logo looks...off, not as smooth as the other Fleer that I have in my collection. Now, I know it was the 80s, but they definitely had better printer capabilities than that. To me, it looks...pixelated (but that could also be from the camera you used).

maybe someone with a little more exposure to MJ RCs can give a more educated opinion (I've only seen a handful in person, not the biggest test pool lol).

How much are they asking? If it's dirt cheap, I'd definitely take a shot, but remember...IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS!

Good luck!
That card has either been altered or is a reprint in my opinion. The red on the back edge leads me to believe its been recolored.
The second picture is not showing. I want to see the back of the card.
Here is a better picture of the issue on the top.

[Image: ED1497FD-66CD-4651-B6C3-AA118FFE86C7_zpsqsxvdaee.jpg]
Here's the front logo

[Image: 4FF07B35-CA45-4A6F-B22D-A354B6712926_zpslxoh56z7.jpg]
Here's the back logo

[Image: 9C8B59CB-5A43-4934-AF17-BCD181C83445_zpsngpigway.jpg]
And here's the back bottom.

[Image: 9294EE22-A02F-4369-8A5E-7AEFAA4CD637_zps4kl8eslv.jpg]
I think it might be real. Depends on the price.
(12-04-2013, 10:01 PM)patrick54 Wrote: [ -> ]That card has either been altered or is a reprint in my opinion. The red on the back edge leads me to believe its been recolored.
so i realize now that the red on the back is bleed over from whatever happened on the front corner of the card. don't have a picture of the edge at the moment to illustrate.
It's real...
(12-05-2013, 01:11 AM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: [ -> ]It's real...
thanks for the vote of confidence in my ability to distinguish real vs fake. i hope you're right.
Any thoughts on the defect in the upper left corner? I feel like this could get a low BGS subgrade for surface, but the other 3 sub-grades look pretty good imho. altho the defect could also influence the corners sub-grade? i may have to try and get a better picture of that corner, it's pretty funky.
That top front corner looks to me like someone touched it up. If it is real it will probably grade out as being altered.
Pages: 1 2