IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1964 Topps Venezuelans... UPDATED

RE: 1964 Topps Venezuelans... Guess its time to share them off... Scan heavy
Your cards are beautiful !

(10-22-2013, 11:53 PM)SirGabel Wrote: I would like to know more about this set. They were selling in the country only? in packs? Ever you see Mantle one before?
Well the basic things you have to know about these is that they are different than the normal 1964sm the normal ones have orange backs, while these have black backs. Also, they were sold only in venezuela and that is what makes them so hard to find in the first place, then find them in good condition is very tough and third they are worth much more than the normal 64s. I believe they were sold in packs just like any card but just limited to venezuela. I have seen the mantle on ebay but for much more $$$ than i could afford. Im sitting patiently for another one to pop up!!!
(10-23-2013, 10:40 AM)richk Wrote: Your cards are beautiful !
Thank you!!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Those are awesome! Some would say they are beat up and abused. I say they were well-loved. Each one has an untold story behind it that led to it looking the way it does.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(10-23-2013, 04:44 PM)zeprock Wrote: Those are awesome! Some would say they are beat up and abused. I say they were well-loved. Each one has an untold story behind it that led to it looking the way it does.
yeah it really makes you wonder what stories are behind them, who knows which almost made it into some bicycle spokes back in the day!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I checked on your scans out THREE times since last night. It's very amazing set. Plan to do another year once you wrap up with this one? Smile

(10-24-2013, 12:00 AM)SirGabel Wrote: I checked on your scans out THREE times since last night. It's very amazing set. Plan to do another year once you wrap up with this one? Smile
Well im not so sure about starting another journey with the venezuelan cards. From other years all I have are 3 cards from the 67 set so Id be starting from scratch!!! It would mean a lot more $$$ too so im still ot sure, maybe Ill wait out a bit and finish some cheap sets I have (non-vintage)....

Heres the 3 67s I have, 3 pretty big cards namewise i think.......

[Image: CarlHubbell.jpg]
[Image: SandyKoufax67.jpg]

In this case im not worried abotu the crease......
[Image: WillieMays1.jpg]

Awesome man! Very nice set to gun for. Good luck with finishing her off. '67's would be fun to tackle. (I love old beat up cards)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

That is one heck of a set to pursue. Major props on taking it on and congrats on sticking with it and getting this far. Love the vintage. Good luck on the last few you need.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

(10-24-2013, 05:53 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Awesome man! Very nice set to gun for. Good luck with finishing her off. '67's would be fun to tackle. (I love old beat up cards)
yeah but im not sure how accesible they are... Im gonna start off by eyeing the checklist and seeing what might be troublesome to find!!! Beat up cards are great!! lol
(10-24-2013, 06:29 PM)mjmj1966 Wrote: That is one heck of a set to pursue. Major props on taking it on and congrats on sticking with it and getting this far. Love the vintage. Good luck on the last few you need.
Thanks!!! its been a long journey but it feels so close now so everything ive done feels like its paid off!!!

Its been a while since I last updated this thread but today its well worth it!!!! Im like a kid with a new toy right now, just bought this card in a card show, hope you like it!!
I also have 3 other cards that should be coming in the mail hopefully sometime soon so im down to the last 8 in this set!!!

[Image: ALBombers_zps22a1eed4.png]

[Image: ALBombersBack_zps56837bd9.png]

Its also my first mantle!!!!