`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depression starting to set in.....

Depression starting to set in.....
Hope the WS goes all seven games and that they are great games as I am already missing baseball on a nightly basis. Not rooting for or aginst either the Sox or Cards, just want to see some awesome baseball. Not much of a football fan anymore since I quit betting (Raiders fan and they stink), the Flyers stink, the Sixers stink worse and college BB doesn't really start for another few weeks.

Here's hoping that MLB network carries some Caribian (spelling I know) and Arizona Fall League games to watch as there is no WBC this year. Oh well, just needed to sprout a little.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

RE: Depression starting to set in.....
I hear ya!! thankfully I have caribbean baseball down hear its almost everyday all the way up to the end of january with the caribbean series. Just heard today that former philly casper wells is coming to play down here lol also mike moustakas
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Wow Moustakas! Suprised at that (not Wells though LOL). Anything on Darin Ruf this year.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(10-20-2013, 07:48 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Hope the WS goes all seven games and that they are great games as I am already missing baseball on a nightly basis. Not rooting for or aginst either the Sox or Cards, just want to see some awesome baseball. Not much of a football fan anymore since I quit betting (Raiders fan and they stink), the Flyers stink, the Sixers stink worse and college BB doesn't really start for another few weeks.

Here's hoping that MLB network carries some Caribian (spelling I know) and Arizona Fall League games to watch as there is no WBC this year. Oh well, just needed to sprout a little.
The Flyers suck, the Sixers suck, the Phillies suck, the Eagles suck, the Philly Union soccer team sucks...other than that everything is fine. I am counting the days til Spring Training. When the Phillies suck and are still the best team in Philly...I guess I can look forward to Villanova Basketball

(10-20-2013, 08:14 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Wow Moustakas! Suprised at that (not Wells though LOL). Anything on Darin Ruf this year.
No I havent heard anything about Ruf coming this year. Moustakas did catch me by surprise, have to wait and see if he really does come......

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Moose better get his ***** somewhere to practice this offseason. He's turning into a fat (literally) bust and the Royals are already sweating who will be our 3B of the future.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(10-20-2013, 09:32 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Moose better get his ***** somewhere to practice this offseason. He's turning into a fat (literally) bust and the Royals are already sweating who will be our 3B of the future.
I guess its more than enough fat with billy butler isnt it?? lol

Spring training will be here before you know it!
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(10-20-2013, 07:48 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Hope the WS goes all seven games and that they are great games as I am already missing baseball on a nightly basis. Not rooting for or aginst either the Sox or Cards, just want to see some awesome baseball. Not much of a football fan anymore since I quit betting (Raiders fan and they stink), the Flyers stink, the Sixers stink worse and college BB doesn't really start for another few weeks.

I hear Ya, Joe! But not having Yankee Games on every night gives me a little window of opportunity to reacquaint myself with my Family Smile
But seriously, hope the Red / Card series goes 7 games ... With a 12 inning pitching duel for the deciding game! That should stretch out the season for a few more hours Smile. Then we have the Winter Meetings, Winter ball and like Haze pointed out, spring training is right around the corner ... And if THAT isn't enough, Topps has new baseball products coming out all off-season, so you'll be thinking about baseball all the time!
One of the things I love about the YES network, is throughout the year, they replay old games 'Yankee Classics' ... It's always fun to see some random game from 10 years ago ... Waaaaaay old enough to have forgotten details ... So it's brand new once again Smile so next season, record a few random games to watch 10 years from today! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Not going into depression, really excited that now I can finish some of my sets without the increased speculation on the market.

Offseason = Card Collectors dreams.