`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depression starting to set in.....

RE: Depression starting to set in.....
(10-21-2013, 03:55 AM)jcollyer Wrote: Not going into depression, really excited that now I can finish some of my sets without the increased speculation on the market.
Offseason = Card Collectors dreams.
Hmmmmm, I never really looked at the off-season like that before ... Maybe that'll help Joe from getting the No-Phillies Blues.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-21-2013, 03:55 AM)jcollyer Wrote: Not going into depression, really excited that now I can finish some of my sets without the increased speculation on the market.

Offseason = Card Collectors dreams.
True, I just like the "crackel" in the backgroud either on TV or Radio as I do other stuff...plus MLB tonight helps me go to sleep (LOL).

(10-21-2013, 01:35 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: But not having Yankee Games on every night gives me a little window of opportunity to reacquaint myself with my Family Smile
One of the things I love about the YES network, is throughout the year, they replay old games 'Yankee Classics' ...
I know your joking about your family, but we kinda have it on as backgrond as we do "family" stuff, either sitting on the beach or playing in the pool out back, plus my girls and I go over geography and history type things (not related to baseball) while we are watching.

Yea, I get old games ..."Comcast Classics" on cable, but after an inning or so get board watching.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Hey, these times make you appreciate the golden eras. We were in one 5 years ago, now we are in the worst Philly sports recession of my life. I think the Eagles and Sixers are moving in the right direction, even if they are both terrible right now. Stay strong!

Philly fans, I'm telling you ... the Matt Barkley era has begun.

I know he didn't look very good in relief of Foles on Sunday, but I'm telling you — he's a winner, and he will get it right. I watched basically every game of his for four years at USC and he is an outstanding QB.

Wrong forum, I know, but don't give up on the Eagles yet!

The league in Puerto Rico starts in a couple of weeks. I do have season tickets for the team near me. We have Billy Hamilton and Jonathan Singleton, plus a few local prospects. Waiting to see if Francisco Lindor and Javier Baez will have permission to play for the month of December. Carlos Correa won't play this year. The Astros didn't gave him permission.

(10-21-2013, 07:57 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: The league in Puerto Rico starts in a couple of weeks. I do have season tickets for the team near me. We have Billy Hamilton and Jonathan Singleton, plus a few local prospects. Waiting to see if Francisco Lindor and Javier Baez will have permission to play for the month of December. Carlos Correa won't play this year. The Astros didn't gave him permission.
Jonathan Singleton has some pop, im still upset the phillies traded him away for a bag of marbles, I mean they got hunter pence but then let him leave!!!! Cant understand some moves this front office makes ughhhhhhhh
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I know the feeling. Now that Nolan Ryan resigned as The Rangers CEO, I'm not even sure IF I'm going to watch The Rangers anymore. Nolan was the whole reason why I started watching The Rangers again. I really got into it when he made a bid to purchase The Rangers.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-22-2013, 07:20 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: I know the feeling. Now that Nolan Ryan resigned as The Rangers CEO, I'm not even sure IF I'm going to watch The Rangers anymore. Nolan was the whole reason why I started watching The Rangers again. I really got into it when he made a bid to purchase The Rangers.
My condolences, buddy! I didn't even hear about his resignation, until you just mentioned it! We all know how much you admire the guy, so I can understand the 'let down' you're feeling. Sucks, but maybe he'll get hired by the Astros? Mets? The good news is that I'm sure he won't just vanish into oblivion, he's too high profile for that.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-20-2013, 09:47 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: I guess its more than enough fat with billy butler isnt it?? lol
Fatness is accepted if you produce lol
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(10-22-2013, 12:32 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: My condolences, buddy! I didn't even hear about his resignation, until you just mentioned it! We all know how much you admire the guy, so I can understand the 'let down' you're feeling. Sucks, but maybe he'll get hired by the Astros? Mets? The good news is that I'm sure he won't just vanish into oblivion, he's too high profile for that.
Thanks man!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!