`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Finest Collation

RE: 2013 Finest Collation
(10-18-2013, 02:59 PM)treswatson Wrote: I've busted 3 boxes and the base cards that I have, I have 3 of each. The good news is, those include Shelby Miller, Gattis, Machado, and Puig, but still!
Have you completed a set yet?

(10-12-2013, 02:45 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: Why do people keep buying Topps boxes???
They continue to screw the collectors over again and again and.........
Finest used to be my favorite product every year! Then Topps got the MLB exclusive rights and destroyed the MLB card collecting hobby (at least for me).
+1 You have been one off the few who have been beating the drum about the crap Topps is putting out and stuck to your guns about not buying boxes. I have finally seen the light. I was addicted buying boxes but stopped "cold turkey" in June/July and don't miss it one bit. Topps has ruined my enjoyment of that aspect of the hobby. I will probably just collect a few players and buy their singles on Ebay if I fully come back to the hobby. Just dipping my toes in the water this weekend to do some trading to see if I have any interest in collecting at all anymore.

(10-19-2013, 12:52 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: Have you completed a set yet?
No, like 30-40 cards short.

(10-19-2013, 08:22 AM)treswatson Wrote: No, like 30-40 cards short.
At 60 cards/box, that tells me there are too many duplicates and/or parallels! I would not bother to spend $95 per box more than once.
(10-19-2013, 07:00 AM)phillies816 Wrote: +1 You have been one off the few who have been beating the drum about the crap Topps is putting out and stuck to your guns about not buying boxes. I have finally seen the light. I was addicted buying boxes but stopped "cold turkey" in June/July and don't miss it one bit. Topps has ruined my enjoyment of that aspect of the hobby. I will probably just collect a few players and buy their singles on Ebay if I fully come back to the hobby. Just dipping my toes in the water this weekend to do some trading to see if I have any interest in collecting at all anymore.
Thank you for acknowleding the fact that I have "been beating the drum" against Topps! Smile It seems that most collectors blow off my concerns (until they realize it happened to them).

Topps has destroyed my interest in MLB cards in the past few years and (along with Panini) destroyed my interest in NFL cards too. I don't even BUY the singles now.
I almost exclusively deal with NASCAR cards now. At least I know that Press Pass won't screw me over. I have had problems with a couple of PP cards that I pulled or received in the past, but they fixed it in less time than it takes for Topps to even recognize a redeemed redemption card!
Press Pass should have easily earned an NFL license by now. They make better NCAA FB cards than UD does and have a MUCH better reputation than ANY card company!
Sorry for another rant friends, I am done now.