`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the shoe about to drop on game used cards?

RE: Is the shoe about to drop on game used cards?
I believe 90% - 95% of all Game used are authentic but some of them I do question.....like when you have a player who's been dead for 20 plus years but on some of their cards their jersey looks brand new & bright white.....

I've noticed now on the backs of cards they don't even say that the "game used embedded in this card was actually used by XXXX in a major league baseball game" ..... the earlier cards from 2001 - 2007 used to say they were worn by the XXXX player..... some of them even had a picture of the actual game used item pictured on the back of the card.....
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(10-19-2013, 10:44 AM)rollx8 Wrote: I believe 90% - 95% of all Game used are authentic but some of them I do question.....like when you have a player who's been dead for 20 plus years but on some of their cards their jersey looks brand new & bright white.....

I've noticed now on the backs of cards they don't even say that the "game used embedded in this card was actually used by XXXX in a major league baseball game" ..... the earlier cards from 2001 - 2007 used to say they were worn by the XXXX player..... some of them even had a picture of the actual game used item pictured on the back of the card.....
I remember those cards.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-18-2013, 10:17 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: So its a "Win win" for the manufacturers. Wonder why they would ever stop?
how is it a win win? they got defrauded, they lose reputation and money

(10-19-2013, 11:24 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: how is it a win win? they got defrauded, they lose reputation and money
I can see reputation but money loss? Are they going to replace our bad cards?

money loss through loss of reputation. less sales, etc
also: they are going to end up paying more for real jerseys now. suppliers know they have the companies in a pinch right now, and for those sources with known real jerseys, they know they can really put it to the companies

(10-19-2013, 09:29 AM)dustin12368 Wrote: I still trade for them , have noticed the prices dropping was unsure why till now..
The price has dropped because the market for a GU card is oversaturated. When you get 2-3 per box on average and it's the same 20 established players or 20 rookies it doesn't lend much aftermarket value.

(10-19-2013, 12:45 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: money loss through loss of reputation. less sales, etc
also: they are going to end up paying more for real jerseys now. suppliers know they have the companies in a pinch right now, and for those sources with known real jerseys, they know they can really put it to the companies
I agree with you,

That's good for the companies as they've been screwing their customers & over saturating their products with crappy cards....I know they can't give everyone the highest premium of cards but they could do a better job at it overall....
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

GU material of current players, from Topps (donruss and UD when licensed) are game/event used. I am friends with an MLB team and NFL equipment managers. They are required to provide specific players jersey etc over the year. It's the retired material that is questionable - because it has to come from 3rd party sources. I have a budget for my collecting, so typically don't over pay for anything. I do have some proported GU Ruth/Mantle/Gehrig, but all for a price that makes me comfortable - its a hobby, not an investment.