`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Looking to meet more Set Builders

RE: Looking to meet more Set Builders
I like building sets, have listed wants in the org , but thats only a small fraction of whats needed and what could be added.

Not a set builder myself except for Bowman Still trying to complete the 2011 Bowman Best top prospects. All I need is the Harper 1.

When trading for set needs most of the time I can figure it out sometimes I cant. It allways helps if you say I am trying to complete sets and I will usually go into your favor. I dont like to trade gu or autos unless that is all the other person has to offer
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Thanks for all the responses. I'll read them again once I've got a little more coffee in me.

Quick question, can you see someone else's wants? I seem to be only able to see what they have for trade.

(08-20-2013, 09:01 AM)JodyFKerr Wrote: Thanks for all the responses. I'll read them again once I've got a little more coffee in me.

Quick question, can you see someone else's wants? I seem to be only able to see what they have for trade.
I'm also a set builder and have found much help with the members here going back all the way to the 80s to fill in gaps of missing sets. I have no problems trading inserts/gu/auto for many base needs, but each member has their own philosophy.

To see other people's wants, in theory as the system has been shaky lately and it is not always working, you need to start a trade and then go to the add items button on YOUR side. Anything you have that your prospective trading partner has listed as a want/trade for should have a gold star at the start of the description. Likewise if you go to their side and hit the add items button your wants/trade fors should have a gold star. This has been unreliable though the past few weeks and does not always work (there is s thread about it, probably more than one, in the help fourm) Personally I also have a separate collection in my ORG that is public for viewing that lists my current set build needs, and I update it as trades are accepted.

[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I'm a set builder as well. Currently putting together the 2012 Bowman, 2013 Bowman & 2013 Bowman Platinum. I have lots of extras listed in my Org if you decide you want to check it out. Always good to see another set builder on here.

If anyone has set needs for 2009-2011 Topps, 2010-2011 Topps Heritage, or 2011 Bowman Platinum, please PM me. I have a lot of base of these sets not in my org.
[Image: BRANDONcopy_zpsd5fbbe0f.png]

Special thanks to "DB" for the banner

Set Builder Thread at the Top of the Baseball Forum (sorry if I missed someones post).

You can always look me up for base and inserts. I do not collect sets, but I also do not intentionaly collect Auto's or Relics either. If you have cards marked for trade I assume they are not near and dear to your heart, so send an offer over.

Best of luck to you all in your quests!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I am a set builder as well - still trying to find some time to update my set needs going back to the 80s in org. I love trading base/inserts. Currently trying to complete 13 GQ, 13 Heritage, and 13 Topps Cut to the Chase & The Greats. Those are all in my org I would hope. Have a ton of base from 13 Topps S1 if you need it.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

(08-20-2013, 09:24 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: I'm also a set builder and have found much help with the members here going back all the way to the 80s to fill in gaps of missing sets. I have no problems trading inserts/gu/auto for many base needs, but each member has their own philosophy.

To see other people's wants, in theory as the system has been shaky lately and it is not always working, you need to start a trade and then go to the add items button on YOUR side. Anything you have that your prospective trading partner has listed as a want/trade for should have a gold star at the start of the description. Likewise if you go to their side and hit the add items button your wants/trade fors should have a gold star. This has been unreliable though the past few weeks and does not always work (there is s thread about it, probably more than one, in the help fourm) Personally I also have a separate collection in my ORG that is public for viewing that lists my current set build needs, and I update it as trades are accepted.
To see Rmpaq's org (or anyone elses) go to his Beckett Profile on the left side of his profile click on "My Organize." As long as his collections are made public you can scroll through and see cards marked as "wants" or "trade away." The stars show up when you're trading with someone and they've marked that card as a card they're willing to "trade for." You can also see a list of people who want to "trade for" a specific card if you go t that cards page.

(08-20-2013, 12:15 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: To see Rmpaq's org (or anyone elses) go to his Beckett Profile on the left side of his profile click on "My Organize." As long as his collections are made public you can scroll through and see cards marked as "wants" or "trade away." The stars show up when you're trading with someone and they've marked that card as a card they're willing to "trade for." You can also see a list of people who want to "trade for" a specific card if you go t that cards page.
oh cool! I knew there had to be a way to see other's wants! That's great for identifying people I know want what I've got, and vice versa.