`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Inception experimentation

RE: My Inception experimentation
(07-29-2013, 08:40 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Guess it depends on your goals. I don't do it to make my money back. I don't care about that at all. (I don't even sell anything) This is just a hobby for me, I do it for fun. I don't find any fun in buying singles on Ebay unless it is one of my 2 main PC guys. Other than that, opening boxes is where my enjoyment comes from. Which reminds me, later this week I will get home from work and there will be 5 boxes of Platinum waiting for me at my house. That is way more exciting than a card I bought on Ebay sitting in my mailbox! :-)
I agree 100% ... totally fun to bust boxes! I don't resell cards, so when I talk about "getting my Money out of a box" I mean getting the value of my box in cards, not reselling them. If I spend $500 on a box and get $100 value of cards in return I feel a little cheated, let down and resentful of the company. I don't expect to get a $1000 card in each box either, but they can control the "randomness" of the hits, so obviously, if I spend $500 on a box, at least make it so there's about $300-400 of perceived value in there. ... but they don't, and I don't expect them to do that anymore, so in my Inception experimentation, instead of spending $150 on 5 medium value, non-megahit cards that I may or may not want, I spent less than $150 and got nearly 4 boxes worth of cards that I actually wanted.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Dr. Mitch, I'm still waiting on my stuff. I live with my sister during the summer to help her out with the kids and all my stuff gets delivered to my parents place. According to my tracking #'s I should have a WHOLE lot waiting for me Big Grin
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

Impressive job with that budget!

(07-30-2013, 06:19 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: Dr. Mitch, I'm still waiting on my stuff. I live with my sister during the summer to help her out with the kids and all my stuff gets delivered to my parents place. According to my tracking #'s I should have a WHOLE lot waiting for me Big Grin
Post it whenever ... Summer's almost over and we can wait! Anticipation is okay! Smile

(07-30-2013, 06:27 PM)pyweed Wrote: Impressive job with that budget!
Thanks! I've got 3 kids and a wife, so budgeting is essential Smile
I think I did well enough with Inception (and I might add ... No redemption cards, either .... Unlike your break ... You had like 1 redemption per box, right? Waaaay too many, if I recall correctly... I'm not rubbing it in or nothing, so please don't be offended ... Just stating a fact.)
Side note: when I first started back, I thought redemptions were more desirable and better cards. I slowly learned the curse/blessing of the redemption game. Sad
Anyway ... Since I did okay, I decided to try my hand at Tribute WBC. I'll post my results once my experiment is finished. So far it's looking pretty good.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-31-2013, 01:06 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Post it whenever ... Summer's almost over and we can wait! Anticipation is okay! Smile

I think I did well enough with Inception (and I might add ... No redemption cards, either .... Unlike your break ... You had like 1 redemption per box, right? Waaaay too many, if I recall correctly... I'm not rubbing it in or nothing, so please don't be offended ... Just stating a fact.)
Side note: when I first started back, I thought redemptions were more desirable and better cards. I slowly learned the curse/blessing of the redemption game. Sad
Anyway ... Since I did okay, I decided to try my hand at Tribute WBC. I'll post my results once my experiment is finished. So far it's looking pretty good.

I thought about tribute WBC but after i got burned on the last tribute i'm staying away

(07-31-2013, 01:06 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Post it whenever ... Summer's almost over and we can wait! Anticipation is okay! Smile

You are right about the Inception redemptions. It was the worst ratio I've ever seen, and it came on the heels of Topps moralizing about their efforts to reduce them. Gross.

I look forward to your work with Tribute WBC.

that's impressive, congrats bro!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Thanks ... I have been working on another "boxworth" of inception. Once I get'em in, I'll put'em up.
I'm almost up to my new spending budget of $115 (I'm right around $100 right now ... FYI: Blowout lowered the price from $150 to $115) and already I have 13 more cards. (That's Almost 3 boxes of cards for the price of 1)

My Tribute WBC experiment isn't working as well as I planned. Seems I didn't count on the base card set and only concentrated my money on auto and auto/relics ... But that's kinda okay, too since that's what I'd want out of the box to begin with ...

I got all of my stuff in now. Going to start another thread because of the traffic.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(08-02-2013, 03:11 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: I got all of my stuff in now. Going to start another thread because of the traffic.
Just took a look .... You did a great job! 30 cards ... 6 boxes worth for the price of 2 boxes! NICE!
I'm waiting on the delivery of cards 14 & 15 of my last experiment. The total for the 3 boxes worth was the cost of one box. I'll post them up just as soon as the last 2 get here. Since redemptions were so prevalent, I picked up a Mike Olt auto redemption, just to give me something to *itch & complain about a year from now Smile