`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best way to crack BGS slabs?

best way to crack BGS slabs?
So on my latest order, one of my Mitch refractors came back w/ a 9 corners, 9 edges, 9 centering...and 6 on the surface. OUCH. However, I realized it was b/c I forgot to peel the coating before I sent it in.

Now there's another problem obviously, because it's slabbed! Are there any tactics or techniques for getting into those slabs w/o killing the card? Any advice/experience would be greatly appreciated!

I also have a BCCG 10 card that I got that way in a trade that I would like to submit to BGS as well, do they pop those out or would I need to do that?
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: best way to crack BGS slabs?
BGS will crack your BCCG case but they charge a fee for that.
As for cracking a card out of a BGS slab there are a few videos on YouTube that show you.

Its actually very easy. Use wire-cutter to cut the corners and then use a very small flat-head screwdriver and slide it across the top. Use it as a pry bar and just pry bottom from top. As for cutting the sleeve they put around the card. Be very precise or use a surgeon's knife.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(06-10-2013, 05:26 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Its actually very easy. Use wire-cutter to cut the corners and then use a very small flat-head screwdriver and slide it across the top. Use it as a pry bar and just pry bottom from top. As for cutting the sleeve they put around the card. Be very precise or use a surgeon's knife.
All this, while humming the theme to Mission: Impossible. Should do the trick. Smile
PC - Jeff Taylor #44 Charlotte Bobcats - 42/110 = 38%

Also looking for Jim Jackson autograph cards.