Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: best way to crack BGS slabs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So on my latest order, one of my Mitch refractors came back w/ a 9 corners, 9 edges, 9 centering...and 6 on the surface. OUCH. However, I realized it was b/c I forgot to peel the coating before I sent it in.

Now there's another problem obviously, because it's slabbed! Are there any tactics or techniques for getting into those slabs w/o killing the card? Any advice/experience would be greatly appreciated!

I also have a BCCG 10 card that I got that way in a trade that I would like to submit to BGS as well, do they pop those out or would I need to do that?
BGS will crack your BCCG case but they charge a fee for that.
As for cracking a card out of a BGS slab there are a few videos on YouTube that show you.
Its actually very easy. Use wire-cutter to cut the corners and then use a very small flat-head screwdriver and slide it across the top. Use it as a pry bar and just pry bottom from top. As for cutting the sleeve they put around the card. Be very precise or use a surgeon's knife.
(06-10-2013, 05:26 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: [ -> ]Its actually very easy. Use wire-cutter to cut the corners and then use a very small flat-head screwdriver and slide it across the top. Use it as a pry bar and just pry bottom from top. As for cutting the sleeve they put around the card. Be very precise or use a surgeon's knife.
All this, while humming the theme to Mission: Impossible. Should do the trick. Smile