Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Update on improving the site

Update on improving the site
Hey guys,

I wanted to update everyone on the progress of the improvements of our website. I just had a meeting with Bill Sutherland, COO of Beckett, and I saw all of the progress he has made. First, he has read every comment from the first post I made regarding improving the site. He has a very thorough list of the things that need to be worked on.

There are a few items that I am really excited about for the site. There is a search thesaurus in the works. We are also updating the Add Items in Organize. You will be able to add have/want a lot easier. The last thing I will mention today is probably the thing that people have asked for the most. I got to see the first images of our new Matchmaker program that is being worked on.

Any suggestions submitted will always be looked at and talked about. I will be having more frequent meetings with Bill and I will update everyone when I find out anything new.

Thanks,

Justin

RE: Update on improving the site
Could you explain this "search thesaurus" bit a little more please? What's that all about?

(06-10-2013, 03:00 PM)patrickhef30 Wrote: Could you explain this "search thesaurus" bit a little more please? What's that all about?
Yeah, sorry I didn't explain earlier. When you search for a card, like Michael Jordan Rookie, your search will yield no results. It is RC in our database and that is the only way to pull up a rookie card. With the Thesaurus, you can use "rookie" and it will actually give you results. Basically it broadens your search in our database.
Also, I forgot to mention, there is now a polling option on the forums. You can create your own polls and get people's opinions that way. Just something fun for everyone, I think.

Thanks for the clarification.

I personally don't want expanded search, I want finer control Smile What about being able to better scope our results by using nomenclature similar to Google, for instance:

Code:
Bowman Chrome Refractors -gold

Right now this returns the gold refractors set instead of excluding it.

Don't get me wrong, I can almost always find what I'm looking for but sometimes it takes a few more steps to get it scoped down to what I'm really looking for instead of 3000 objects.

(06-10-2013, 03:08 PM)jgrunert Wrote: Yeah, sorry I didn't explain earlier. When you search for a card, like Michael Jordan Rookie, your search will yield no results. It is RC in our database and that is the only way to pull up a rookie card. With the Thesaurus, you can use "rookie" and it will actually give you results. Basically it broadens your search in our database.
Also, I forgot to mention, there is now a polling option on the forums. You can create your own polls and get people's opinions that way. Just something fun for everyone, I think.

Thanks for the update.......
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(06-10-2013, 04:43 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Thanks for the update.......
+1
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

What I want most is stronger processors for your server and/or better efficiency so the site runs fast all of the time. It's been better lately for me but not perfect, so more of whatever you're doing there.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(06-10-2013, 02:24 PM)jgrunert Wrote: Hey guys,

[SNIP]

Any suggestions submitted will always be looked at and talked about. I will be having more frequent meetings with Bill and I will update everyone when I find out anything new.

Thanks,

Justin
I really feel that of paramount importance is the speed.
I really don't mind looking through many pages of someones Org. if they load in less than a second.

After a trade is selected, and before it is accepted we need a way of printing out the list.
Many traders like to pull the cards before accepting just to make sure there are no errors in their Org.
[EDIT] Oh yeah I forgot, we need to be able to notify the other trader that we are checking the Org. for errors and intend to accept the trade.

Eliminate duplicate entries in your Org.
It is tedious having to search for and delete the old listing after a new listing with the updated inventory is added to your Org.

Make your lists more efficient. I had one the other day that ran 32 pages, a real paper waster. A single line for each entry would suffice.

Ray

thanks for the updates, Matchmaker sounds really great but the key for me is site load times being faster and the site working as expected. I would rather have speed and stability first and then extra features.