`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for mid-high end Michael Jordan cards. Refractors etc

Looking for mid-high end Michael Jordan cards. Refractors etc
I am new to this forum but have purchased and traded in other forums. I am currently seeking mid-high end Michael Jordan refractors, 90's inserts, and tougher to find inserts. Anyone who has any for sale let me know.

RE: Looking for mid-high end Michael Jordan cards. Refractors etc
What do you consider mid-high end?
Hard to know exactly what your looking for!
Graded or ungraded?

Let us know, I'm sure we can help you out if you can narrow it down!
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

Well, I am seeking refractors if they are really nice and 90's inserts. I can not pay these overpriced sometimes ridiculous E-Bay prices however. Like for instance the 1996-97 Topps Chrome Refractor. I am really seeking out this card, and the book value is $200 the last I have seen, and the cheapest one ungraded on E-Bay is $1500. Give me a break, that is overkill if I have ever seen it. I can see paying extra for low pop 9.5's or really scarce cards but some of these E-bay prices are ridiculous. Let me know. I need some of the tougher inserts, like the Takeit2.net, the hot shots die-cut, big men on court, thrill seekers 96, Skybox 3d's, Noyz Boyz, Row 0, etc. but I would much rather not pay over book or right at book unless its graded good or absolutely impossible to locate. I would have to raise funds as I am not rich, but if prices are right, I can work right away. let me know and thanks for responding.

I have this for sale ! $500 PayPal plus postage [Image: C8F79B67-C44F-40C3-AB3E-DC5664AF195E-868...8b8c65.jpg]
Also these are for sale[Image: null_zps93f6d463.jpg]
[Image: null_zps72b6127a.jpg][Image: null_zpsab44f7ca.jpg][Image: null_zps0c60c734.jpg][Image: null_zps3e968957.jpg][Image: null_zps48a70661.jpg]
[Image: null_zpsc7eda40b.png][Image: null_zps7597cd5f.png]

90's mj collector 9.5's or better, also collecting Chris Paul patches and autos

(05-15-2013, 04:59 PM)escobar231 Wrote: Well, I am seeking refractors if they are really nice and 90's inserts. I can not pay these overpriced sometimes ridiculous E-Bay prices however. Like for instance the 1996-97 Topps Chrome Refractor. I am really seeking out this card, and the book value is $200 the last I have seen, and the cheapest one ungraded on E-Bay is $1500. Give me a break, that is overkill if I have ever seen it. I can see paying extra for low pop 9.5's or really scarce cards but some of these E-bay prices are ridiculous. Let me know. I need some of the tougher inserts, like the Takeit2.net, the hot shots die-cut, big men on court, thrill seekers 96, Skybox 3d's, Noyz Boyz, Row 0, etc. but I would much rather not pay over book or right at book unless its graded good or absolutely impossible to locate. I would have to raise funds as I am not rich, but if prices are right, I can work right away. let me know and thanks for responding.
Correct me if I am wrong here but isn't that what the market is for these cards? I am not in the MJ insert market but all of these cards typically sell above BV, don't they? I mean asking someone to take less for something they could get more for is....the inverse of capitalism, isn't it? I know the MJ collectors on this site work very well together but I would imagine that at one point or another they were involved in auctions where they were head-to-head against buddies of their own.
To call the prices ridiculous is almost knocking the market. I mean, if you collect MJ you KNOW you will have to cough up some bucks for the tougher to get inserts. I don't know. I am just baffled by this. As for the $550 on the BMOC, that's a great deal.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Well said

(05-22-2013, 10:06 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong here but isn't that what the market is for these cards? I am not in the MJ insert market but all of these cards typically sell above BV, don't they? I mean asking someone to take less for something they could get more for is....the inverse of capitalism, isn't it? I know the MJ collectors on this site work very well together but I would imagine that at one point or another they were involved in auctions where they were head-to-head against buddies of their own.
To call the prices ridiculous is almost knocking the market. I mean, if you collect MJ you KNOW you will have to cough up some bucks for the tougher to get inserts. I don't know. I am just baffled by this. As for the $550 on the BMOC, that's a great deal.
Well, I wasn't going to have a go at the O.P because he maybe new to the game...

What I would say as a general rule is NO, you don't have to pay BV (High) on a lot of the readily available MJ inserts...
Beckett price guide is always very close to what cards actually sell for when people take into account the described condition on whatever insert and the time and location the card is listed...
More often then not the selling price on most MJ cards are within the BV low-to-high value...

When a less available card comes on the market, lets say 96-97 Big men on court, then I would expect to see a mint condition (BGS 8.5-9) to sell for at least BV high in some cases a little more, BUT if the same card is in BGS 9.5 then I would expect to see it sell for almost double BV high simply because of the pop vs demand...

On cards that are very condition sensitive like 93-94 Scoring King, then that card in BGS 9.5 will always sell for up to X5 BV high, were as the same card ungraded you can find for BV low almost every day, but expect it to be in poor condition!

As for rare numbered 90's inserts, Legacy,Fusion,platinum,PMG's etc you will always have to pay BV high even with cards not in great condtion and when a BGS 9.5 card of say /100 is up for grabs, then get out of the way, as there really is no limit to what some MJ collectors will pay...

Also, another thing is, ebay is not the only market,some people would be astonished how many cards change hands on (off-ebay) deals...
I for one get about 60% of my cards through transaction with fellow MJ collectors that never reach ebay...
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

Very well said Gary agree totally, I have put up these cards for him to see what I have for sale and he didn't even reply lol

I have these FS:

photo ent_zps6067ea41.jpg
 photo IMG_20130326_164840_zps94af73ff.jpg
 photo IMG_20130326_164826_zpsceaa549e.jpg
 photo IMG_20130326_164658_zpsb0f966b8.jpg
 photo IMG_20130326_164645_zps298db3cd.jpg
 photo IMG_20130326_164632_zps972eca9b.jpg
 photo 73ea0aaa-277d-41b9-bfb6-5425901c2123_zps88b66544.jpg
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

I got 94-95 flair hot numbers and 96 thrill seekers. Willing to sell if you're interested.