`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Submitting for grading

RE: Submitting for grading
(04-23-2013, 02:47 PM)bballfrk44 Wrote: Planning on not ever selling but you never know in an emergency. I think getting them protected is a good idea so probably going too.
That is a good idea. My wife actually made a good point the first time I did my submission. She paid for the costs of the submission for Father's Day. I had originally a 5 dollar card on there and she asked why was I grading such a cheap card. I thought for a minute and realize that is a good point. Unless you are doing a huge order, then I would stay away from the lower end stuff. If you stick with higher end stuff (like the 3 cards you posted) then it actually makes sense. If it cost 10-15 dollars to grade a card and the card itself books for $100 then that makes sense. But if the card books for $5 and the cost of grading is 2-3 times more than the BV, then I would stay away from that.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: Submitting for grading
(04-23-2013, 03:57 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: That is a good idea. My wife actually made a good point the first time I did my submission. She paid for the costs of the submission for Father's Day. I had originally a 5 dollar card on there and she asked why was I grading such a cheap card. I thought for a minute and realize that is a good point. Unless you are doing a huge order, then I would stay away from the lower end stuff. If you stick with higher end stuff (like the 3 cards you posted) then it actually makes sense. If it cost 10-15 dollars to grade a card and the card itself books for $100 then that makes sense. But if the card books for $5 and the cost of grading is 2-3 times more than the BV, then I would stay away from that.
ya i was only going to do my high end stuff and probably most my Lawson/Kobe rookies. Thanks for the input
[Image: VSiDkeU.png]