`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Submitting for grading

Submitting for grading
So yesterday I went through my entire collection and seperated a bunch of cards that I want to get graded. Now while I was going through I noticed not all the cards are in perfect shape, a little corner damage, not centered, etc. Now these cards are PC and I'll never get rid of them (hopefully), so do I just say screw it and send in for grading so I can get them slabbed and protected from here on out? Just wondering what other people's mindset is when getting PC cards graded. It's some Lebron rookies, Wade rookies, Kobe rookies, Jordan inserts, Ty Lawson rookies/autos.
[Image: VSiDkeU.png]

RE: Submitting for grading
It will cost you about $15 each to have them slabbed by Beckett. So if they come back as a 7 or 8 will you be happy with that? I personally only grade cards if it will add value to them. A raw Lebron RC and a BGS 7 of the same RC does not add value. Just my opinion.

You could buy some nice screw downs or one touches for less than $2 each and they will be protected just as good.

Maybe Beckett should offer just a slabbing service. $4.99/card. No grade, no authentication, just slabbing cards.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

For my own PC, I like uniformity within a PC sub-category. For example, get all your Lebron RCs slabbed, because you'll keep/display them all together. I have a bunch of HOFers from 88 Fleer, I keep them all together in screw downs.

Consider getting the Jordans graded. Even though they are imperfect, so are a lot of pre-2000 cards, so it may end up on the high end of the population report (on the right side of the bell curve).

Can you post some high resolution scans/pictures of the cards so ppl can give you opinions on the condition of the cards. Front and back would be best.

(04-16-2013, 12:22 AM)sonic311 Wrote: Can you post some high resolution scans/pictures of the cards so ppl can give you opinions on the condition of the cards. Front and back would be best.
ya that's what i was going to do next, figured i'd ask first. gonna narrow down to about 8-10 cards.

It all depends how much you want the card slabbed and protected. There are cards I knew wouldnt be gem mints but I wanted them slabbed instead of being in a magnetic. Just about preference.

scanner been acting weird so had to use phone. only did 3 cards to see how it would come out, here is front and back of 3 i would want to send. if scan too shitty i'll try to do at work.

Kobe Stardate

[Image: StardateFront_zps89f8345a.jpg]

[Image: Stardateback_zpsf6fcff61.jpg]

Lebron Finest Rookie

[Image: LebronFinestFront_zps7bdaed8e.jpg]

[Image: LebronFinestback_zpsecba3ec4.jpg]

Jordan refractor

[Image: Jordanrefractorfront_zpsb1f86090.jpg]

[Image: Jordanrefractorback_zps8ba261c0.jpg]

Thank you in advance for your input.

If they're PC and the cost doesnt bother you then have them graded. Worst case scenario you sell em and buy replacements.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

For me personally I only submit cards myself that if I were to sell them, the grade would be a huge factor. For example if I sold a $25 dollar MJ card, I would get 5-10 for it. If I sold a $150 dollar MJ I would get 75-80 for it. If the $25 wasnt in the best condition and the seller wasnt happy, worse case scenario I am out 5-10 bucks. But with the higher end stuff, I want no problems. Now, I do not plan on selling all my stuff so for me it boils down to which cards would I want to display? And how would i want them to look? I like having my nicer stuff slabbed because I think it looks better and it protects them. But for a lot of people, grade doesnt matter because since it is PC, you wouldnt plan on selling it. So I guess from my standpoint, do you ever plan on selling?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Planning on not ever selling but you never know in an emergency. I think getting them protected is a good idea so probably going too.