`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What is it going to take?

RE: What is it going to take?
I must say that Beckett is a much more civilized site vs Blowout where a thread like this would turn in to 10 page name-calling bit%&& fest.
It all comes down to finding the right trader with a similar trading philosophy, those are the guys that you build a history with. I can count several people here that I;ve done more than 10 trades and some coming close 30.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(04-06-2013, 08:18 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I must say that Beckett is a much more civilized site vs Blowout where a thread like this would turn in to 10 page name-calling bit%&& fest.
It all comes down to finding the right trader with a similar trading philosophy, those are the guys that you build a history with. I can count several people here that I;ve done more than 10 trades and some coming close 30.
+1!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

i like going on blowout because there are a lot of high rollers on there and the box breaks and sale threads are fun to watch. A lot of the people that post on there are jerks and do nothing but talk crap. It's very catty over there and it gets really annoying. Most people on there aren't looking to trade- just sell. It's also very prospect heavy there. There's almost too much traffic there. I've had threads get to the second page in less then 10 minutes. Some of the mods are total nazis too. They take bumping very seriously. This forum has become kind of a bummer lately with how stagnant it's become.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

(04-06-2013, 09:23 PM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: i like going on blowout because there are a lot of high rollers on there and the box breaks and sale threads are fun to watch. A lot of the people that post on there are jerks and do nothing but talk crap. It's very catty over there and it gets really annoying. Most people on there aren't looking to trade- just sell. It's also very prospect heavy there. There's almost too much traffic there. I've had threads get to the second page in less then 10 minutes. Some of the mods are total nazis too. They take bumping very seriously. This forum has become kind of a bummer lately with how stagnant it's become.
+1
How can we cull the good ones from Blowout and get them here? If you ring up the word Beckett there, be prepared for a sh#$$$-storm to be rained upon you.
I do get some weird kind of satisfaction seeing some of the drama that occurs, it's like a baseball card soap opera

[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

rad i totally agree with your initial post but its been more than a year my friend! id say almost 2 yrs now.
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

I'd say it's declined a ton since I joined nearly 2 years ago. I still like it here, and have atleast 1 good friend here that I enjoy talking with and working on big trades (thanks beginesj!) but I know it's been hard for me finding anything I want here, as I collect Braves autos/gu some, and am focusing on my 500 HR and 3000 Hit club members now- it seems like no one has any.

I also frequent Blowout, but like some others said- a large part of them are jerks. It's also very heavy on prospects, and I usually only go over there when I'm looking to buy something from recently broke products.

I hope that things pickup over here on beckett, and maybe they will when baseball season really gets cranked up.
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

(04-06-2013, 12:15 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I'm going to chime in here with the trading and somewhat extend on what I said before. Click on some random cards in your ORG and see who has them marked as a want. You'd be surprised at what cards people are after. I just sent an offer with about 26 cards to someone who wants them. On top of that, this person rarely posts on the boards, with his last being March 7th I believe and he's got about 80 trades under his belt with a 5 trader rating.

Maybe if people make the effort and try trading with others besides those who post on the boards, throwing in a little comment about them posting their PC to share or something on here, it could get some new blood flowing in here. There are LOTS of good people on this site that I don't think many are aware of.
I have found clicking on the cards to see who has them marked as wants/needs to be effective as well. Have made a decent amount of trades this way.
1,254 unique Chipper Jones
317 unique Javy Lopez

Another thought on why things can go stale trading wise sometimes is look at the teams guys want. Their are a ton of people looking for Yanks, Red Sox, Braves, Tigers, Rangers, Cardinals, Giants and Royals while the other teams are really under represented comparatively speaking. Since the majority are looking for these teams when they get 'collected' they rarely go anywhere but we are still looking for them. Less movement and trading therefore ensues. I mean think about this...how many signatures and avatars have Padres, Marlins, Athletics, etc..in them. There must be a load of more common autos and mem cards of Astros and Indians lying around that nobody will grab unlike the other teams I mentioned earlier.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!