`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arod out for the season? So who gets 3rd?

RE: Arod out for the season? So who gets 3rd?
Magic would have never left LA. Mantle would have left New York. Youk didn't leave he was shipped out for what a bag of rocks. Loyalty. Not just because of bias but the recent ownership of the Sox seems uninterested about the team. The money yes the team it no. More invested in the soccer venture. Say what you say about the Yankees overspending and what not but they get money and reinvest back on the field.
Oh by the way they have farms hands that can cover third if Youk goes down before a rod returns. David Adams, Ronnier Mustelier, jayson nix still lingers around. After A rod comes back there are present time options, short term options as well as retirement choices to make

(01-25-2013, 08:11 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Magic would have never left LA. Mantle would have left New York. Youk didn't leave he was shipped out for what a bag of rocks. Loyalty. Not just because of bias but the recent ownership of the Sox seems uninterested about the team. The money yes the team it no. More invested in the soccer venture. Say what you say about the Yankees overspending and what not but they get money and reinvest back on the field.
Oh by the way they have farms hands that can cover third if Youk goes down before a rod returns. David Adams, Ronnier Mustelier, jayson nix still lingers around. After A rod comes back there are present time options, short term options as well as retirement choices to make
Question is, is arod going to be able to come back, he's 37 yrs old, major hip surgery and all those roids haven't helped is bones very much, muscles yes, bones no...
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(01-25-2013, 08:11 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Magic would have never left LA. Mantle would have left New York. Youk didn't leave he was shipped out for what a bag of rocks. Loyalty. Not just because of bias but the recent ownership of the Sox seems uninterested about the team. The money yes the team it no. More invested in the soccer venture. Say what you say about the Yankees overspending and what not but they get money and reinvest back on the field.
im sorry, but you are absolutely wrong. youk was shipped - a year late - because his numbers were horrible, and they had a proto-typical thirdbase guy in will middlebrooks

and the whole soccer thing is insane logic. most owners have mulriple businesses. they arent running each sport, thats why there are gm's

I understand that's why they have GMs but it seems like their interest are really rooted somewhere else and this is like a side project for them... Take the maloofs milked what they could and ran it down and now firesale

Wonder why he didn't undergo surgery at the beginning of November. -I'm sure he was trying to rehab and avoid surgery, but had he done so he might've been ready by April/May.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Rehab then also had to rehab to get hip ready for surgery... See how this one goes as the last time went well for him on the field

I think Youklis will man third, but maybe, and it hurts to type this, Eduardo Nunez or Jayson Nix. It could be a prospect, I would like to see David Adams get a shot or Mustelier.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I don't think it Nunez they want to keep him DH and SS. Either way to gear him up to take over after Jeter is done or to build his trade stock

(01-25-2013, 09:59 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: im sorry, but you are absolutely wrong. youk was shipped - a year late - because his numbers were horrible, and they had a proto-typical thirdbase guy in will middlebrooks

and the whole soccer thing is insane logic. most owners have mulriple businesses. they arent running each sport, thats why there are gm's
I agree with your first point (regarding Youk), but on the second point, while I'm not totally up-to-speed on the Sox/ManU situation, I think there's plenty of examples of owners (baseball in particular) where owners fail to adequately invest in their club. The Royals are a good example of a team that has failed to reinvest. Instead, they skim all that revenue sharing money for who knows what. Jeffrey Loria is another example of a baseball owner (and businessman) who diverts MLB revenue to his own pockets. So did Frank McCourt (former Dodgers owner). Again, I don't know enough about the Red Sox situation, but team owners hold the purse strings and exert control over the GM.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*