`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
MJ maildays: three more adds, platinum-y feel w/ scan 1-15!

RE: MJ maildays! new add 1/1 style w/ scan 8-6!
(08-07-2013, 12:13 PM)Megatron2181 Wrote: I guess the 1/1 is OK Smile Is the Ginn on the football boards? Would love to see it.
Yeah it's in my Ohio State thread. I updated it a couple days ago, it's probably on page 3 or so by now.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: MJ maildays! new add 1/1 style w/ scan 8-6!
Definitely did not expect to have another update to this thread so quickly, but that's the game I suppose!

[Image: maximummetalMJ001_zps37d42fc6.jpg]

I had been wanting this one for awhile, it's in pretty decent shape, the graded ones just go SO high I had to wait for one that was raw and under half bv. Guy sent that old school Jordan baseball card from 1991 UD as well so that was a cool bonus.

Now onto the surprising part!

[Image: newgradedMJs8-9001_zps78c26f53.jpg]

I had NO intention of actually landing all of these! I put my customary low-ball bid on 5 graded MJs with about an hour or so left and I won 4 of them. None of these went for even half of book value. I think all told, including shipping, I got like 58% off bv on these which is just insane. The Net Assets was also on my top 10 "reasonable" want list. With the 95-96 SP all-stars gold, 96-97 UD ROY collection, 95-96 Maximum Metal and the 93-94 Scoring Kings that I've picked up in the last few months I've crossed half of those off my want list now. Awesome awesome mailday to be sure. Thanks for looking!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

RE: MJ maildays! more new stuff, BGS-style w/ scan 8-9!
Nice mail day! The fact you managed to land the graded ones at such an awesome price is amazing.
MJ Collector, Autograph Collector

Out of curiosity, what makes the Platinum no serial # a 1/1? I was under the impression that the serial #'d ones were the 1/1s and the no serial #d were just from someone who worked at Upper Deck. An eBay seller bristolcollectables always sells these Platinum no serial #d cards. Also, when I look at the population reports at PSA And BGS they have multiple pops of the same non serial #d card. Anyway, I just didn't know if there was another back story on these. Thanks and great collection.
 photo mjheader.jpg

Some more new stuff, courtesy of nice deals on COMC!

[Image: newMJs8-31001_zpsfc57cde3.jpg]

Got really good deals on the 98-99 finest mystery (w/ Kobe on the other side, got it for $14.50) and the topps show stoppers. The holoview heroes was almost half bv, but I LOVE the look of it and hadn't managed to pick one up yet so I'm pretty stoked!

RE: MJ maildays! COMC pickups w/ scan 8-31!
Sweet pickups.

loving it. Wish i could get my hands on some Jordan like that!!!!

This post spans a couple maildays...

[Image: newMJs9-21001_zps8aa931ae.jpg]

Love the gravity denied insert! Got the Kobe too so I'm considering going for the set so if you've got any LMK. Thanks for looking Smile

RE: MJ maildays! new pickups w/ scan 9-21!
Haven't updated this thread in quite awhile as I have been both reorganizing my MJ collection and focusing more heavily on Mitches. This card, however, was in my wheelhouse WAY too closely to not at least go for it on the 'bay, and I won it for just $60 shipped!

[Image: mjrefractor001_zpsbac99390.jpg]

It's Jordan, it's numbered, it's a refractor, what's not to like? Also, I'd like to ask the knowledgeable beckett community if I should crack this, peel it and get it re-graded. The surface is an 8.5, but if it went to a 9.5 after being peeled and every other sub stayed the same then it would become a gem mint and sell for at least twice as much (one most recent sold for $175 on the 'bay) should I ever need/want to unload it. Thoughts/opinions are welcomed! Thanks for looking Smile

RE: MJ maildays! nice BGS add and a question 12-6!
love that jordan refractor, i havent researched prices on them but i would expect a bgs 9 for 60 shipped is a good deal. as far as cracking and removing the protective film. me personally, i wouldnt do it. i think its idiotic for companies to fault the surface of the card because there is a protective film (made this way from the factory) covering the surface to protect it....
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]