`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
1998-99 Finest Break + set needs
01-14-2013, 07:02 PM
1998-99 Finest Break + set needs
So I busted a box of Series I today chasing the set. I still need a few if anyone has them.

102- Vlade Divac
110- Aaron McKie
115- Lee Mayberry
116- Tracy Murray
118- Sam Perkins

As for the "hits"
-2 Jordan Base
-No Protectors: Mutombo, Tim Hardaway, Dale Davis, Keith Van Horn, Larry Johnson, Bryant Reeves
-Refractors: Arvydas Sabonis and Adonal Foyle

-No Protector Refractor: Keith Van Horn

-Hardwood Honors: Wesley Person

-Then I was really confused when I pulled what looked like a black filler only to realize it was a Finest Mystery: Gary Payton, Vin Baker Refractor

I picked up the box to finish the set (already have Series II), and I had a lot of fun busting it. Wish I could have hit a nice Jordan for trade bait though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: 1998-99 Finest Break + set needs
Yeah that's pretty much how my boxes of these have gone. Keith Van Horn haunts me, as does Shareef Abdur-Rahim haha.

May want to get ahold of crimedawg, he may need that Payton.

I'll check my commons boxes for those set fillers!

I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]
01-14-2013, 08:41 PM
(01-14-2013 08:34 PM)buckunteer Wrote:  Yeah that's pretty much how my boxes of these have gone. Keith Van Horn haunts me, as does Shareef Abdur-Rahim haha.

May want to get ahold of crimedawg, he may need that Payton.

I'll check my commons boxes for those set fillers!

That's too funny. I'm pretty sure Abdur-Rahim was my "hit" for no protector and refractor no protector in the Series II box I busted a few months ago.
01-14-2013, 09:05 PM
(01-14-2013 08:41 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote:  That's too funny. I'm pretty sure Abdur-Rahim was my "hit" for no protector and refractor no protector in the Series II box I busted a few months ago.

I have his atomic refractor from 97-98 bowman's best, his driving forces f/x card /500 from 98-99 encore (only box I ever broke) and his home court advantage plus parallel /500 from '98 UD Hardcourt (only box I ever broke).

Considering putting them on the 'bay as a lot just to get them the heck out of here haha.

I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]
01-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Keith van horn has been all over my late 90s rips too. Kinda sick of this guy. These rips are killing me. My 96-97 Bowmans Best was solid but everything else has been rough.
01-15-2013, 10:50 AM
(01-14-2013 07:02 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote:  -Then I was really confused when I pulled what looked like a black filler only to realize it was a Finest Mystery:

yeah that happened to me as well... I actually thought it was one of those things that you have to rub, and because fo the heat it changes color or shows an image, lol

My custom cards brings all the boys to the yard and they're like: 'It's better than Star's'. Website: http://www.folkscards.com

Mini PCs: http://folkertino.webs.com
01-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Nice mjs

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK