`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the story behind Lemieux/Crosby dual auto?

RE: What's the story behind Lemieux/Crosby dual auto?
Pretty much agree with Phil on this one I think, especially with the entitlement/whine thing,
You can't ignore his skill, he does have that. But to wrap that in with a response to Bguz, being a good player doesn't make you a good person.

I certainly wouldn't think different of Crosby if he played for "my team" (lol Seattle). To be entirely honest, my "team" is Team Canada, and it absolutely destroys me that Crosby has been a part of that. I don't want any reminder that Crosby is Canadian. I am honestly ashamed that he is from the same country as me. The same region even, Atlantic Canada. How Atlantic Canada could produce such a whiny little princess with that sense of entitlement just blows me away.

I try to shrug it off, and blame the time he spent in the US. I believe he was 15 when he moved to the US for school/hockey so I just like to think that he was an impressionable idiot kid and picked up some horrible values.

It also disgusts me that he may be seen as "Canada's newest golden boy", and I think in some publications he's even had the title of "The Next One". He is not deserving of any title of respect. He is certainly not going to be the next Gretzky, not even close. Even in today's hockey with it's exciting offensive-minded rule changes will Crosby be able to hold a candle to any of Gretzky's accomplishments.

I've never said i wouldnt have him on my team. You'd be stupid not to take any highly skilled player on your team, and just because hes hypothetically on your team, as others have said, doesnt mean you have to like him. Hes still a peckerwood, and if he was on my team (San Jose) I would get a jersey made up with his number (Presumably '87') and id get the name on the back as "Peckerwood". Doesnt mean i dont want him to help us win lol.

Now there are some of you that will say "with fans like you he'd never go to San Jose" blah blah, but the reality is hes almost never going anywhere else but Pittsburgh, so the point is moot. Smile This argument is written entirely from a humourous standpoint, so dont take this comment seriously lol.

But on a serious note, LMAO Phil, good calls, i agree on almost every level BUT i'd totally have a card of him signed by the Dalai Lama, but only because im a buddhist, and id find it hilarious.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

(12-24-2012, 09:12 PM)nemesis77777 Wrote: Now there are some of you that will say "with fans like you he'd never go to San Jose" blah blah, but the reality is hes almost never going anywhere else but Pittsburgh, so the point is moot. Smile This argument is written entirely from a humourous standpoint, so dont take this comment seriously lol.

But on a serious note, LMAO Phil, good calls, i agree on almost every level BUT i'd totally have a card of him signed by the Dalai Lama, but only because im a buddhist, and id find it hilarious.
of course he's not going anywhere. Pittsburgh will mortgage their existence to keep him and then when they can't pay him, they'll give him an ownership stake.... not like that hasn't been done before....

Oh, I wouldn't mind owning a card signed by the Dalai Lama, but one with him and Crosby... pass
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)